Anonymous
Years ago

idea to save the NBL... coz it's on life support

Hey Hoop Headz i got an Idea as good as the NBL was in the 90s golden era.

The NBL needs to go and get this guy, who will be in the NBA Draft this year, and offer him an NBL contract $2 million more than he will make on his NBA rookie contract. After he has completed his NBL contract he would be free to go back to the NBA and make squillions. It seems only fair that he should go to the weakest team in the NBL at the moment. The 36ers. That would pack out the Powerhouse!

Or my other idea to save the NBL is to immediatley bring in a 4 import allowance, with only 8 teams in the leauge you can no longer say the NBL is a nurturing ground for Aussie talent. That's tragically old school thinking, don't let the bulls#iters tell you otherwise.

Peace out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZOKFfNU0Nk

Topic #31464 | Report this topic

Dome Rat  
Years ago

a genuinely great idea , please post more of your well thought out ideas here.

Reply #414916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You do realize he was an 19 years old high school senior playing against U16 players in some of this video footage.

Plus who is putting up the $2M in cash that will not make any return in investment?

Also, what happens after he leaves and those people who are coming to "watch him" are no longer turning up.

Oh, and he has declared the NBA draft after his 1 year in college at UCLA and is predicted to go top 8 in the draft and make more than $2 mill per year, plus get an earlier date for his next contract kick.

I hate the ignorant fools who know nothing.

Reply #414921 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boy Anonymous you are a peasant slave to the machine when you should rage against the machine... think about it

Reply #414923 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

hahaha..

Detroit Pistons will hopefully draft this guy. He is very raw but has a high ceiling.

Reply #414925 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Can't tell if this is a troll, a child, a moron, or a genuinely deluded adult.

Reply #414926 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

a gurl was walking 2 skewl wit her bf n they were crossing da rode

she sed "bbz will u luv me 4evr"

he said "NO..""

da gurl cryed N ran across da rode b4 da green man came on the sine.

boy was cryin and went to pic up her body.

she was ded.

he whispered 2 her corpse "I ment 2 sey i will luv u FIVE-ever..." (dat mean he luv her moar den 4evr)

xxx~*...commnt on dis if u cry evry time...~*xxx

Reply #414928 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Mother of god.

Reply #414931 | Report this post

Cats82  
Years ago

Wtf?

Reply #414936 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

This threat is on life support...

Please cut the cord!

Reply #414937 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Thread!!!

Reply #414938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The funniest thing about this thread is that anonymous 921 actually took it seriously!

Reply #414946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Okay, so If we can't get Shabazz we get a Shabazzesque import for the Sixers next year. Word to your mother.

Reply #414955 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

"Can't tell if this is a troll, a child, a moron, or a genuinely deluded adult."

^This.

Reply #414985 | Report this post

eli1  
Years ago

the Hyundai A-League was noted as being a plastic is fantastic league in 2005/06, so what did they do?
Bring in 'overseas players' to fill the void for both team and follower. Did it work? Sure did!

If a team like SydneyFC can get Del Piero in soccer, then why cant another team in the league get a player who is up there and a top line player?

The idea is good, but we need to lessen the demand of using American Imports. Whats wrong with the European League?

Reply #415026 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:25 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754