Kent Brockman
Years ago

Italy beat TEAM USA by 17!!!

No Foolin......trouble in the locker room????

Topic #315 | Report this topic

D-lin  
Years ago

That does surprise me a little, but remember, the US only just made it through to the gold medal game in 2000 by 2 points. I'm not going to be shocked if they lose a game in the Olympics. Whilst I don't know much about the Euro teams, gone are the days of big men purely being inside players in international play. I reckon the team that has multi-facted players that can "do it all" will go well.

Reply #2423 | Report this post

The Septic Tanks have been found out last year at the Worlds.
Play zone defense & move the ball on offense. Simple stuff.
To play & win at international level these days the U.S players will have to check their ego's at the door & listen to their coaches.

They should never have played off for the gold at Sydney. I can recall the U.S on the line with less than a minute to go & being down by a couple, missed free throw & McDyess shoves his opponent under the basket & gets the O board & an easy 2. For me it was an offensive foul, game over, & the U.S have to play Australia for bronze(we would've kicked their overpaid arses too).

Reply #2428 | Report this post

X_factor  
Years ago

If the US sent their best side(shaq etc) they wouldn't loose a game, but they aren't. No question their 6th best side would thrash any other country's 6th best side, but their 2nd or 3rd best side is definately no certainty against any of the top 6 country,s best side, as was proven at the last worlds. I wouldn't be surprised if they miss out on a medal.

Reply #2429 | Report this post

charmaine  
Years ago

nice work bootney....
exactly right, australia would have whipped USA stupid in sydney, and we will do the same in athens if given the chance....damn yanks!!

Reply #2441 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

What am I reading here? Surely you all are being sarcastic and don't think Australia can beat the USA?

Reply #2442 | Report this post

charmaine  
Years ago

MW, i think you will find that you are correct....sarcasm reigns.

Reply #2443 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Whew, I thought so!!!

Reply #2444 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:27 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754