Years ago

Westbrook out indefinitely, needs surgery

Needs cartilage repair surgery on right knee
Likely to be out for the entire playoffs
This bites the big one! :(

Topic #31510 | Report this topic

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I think the Thunder's season is over without Westbrook.

Fisher is too old to play big minutes from now until the finals. Other young blokes don't have the fight to step up in his absence. I'd like to be proven wrong.

Reply #415578 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Never bothered looking at their depth chart before, but Reggie Jackson is in OK form. Also, does Kevin Martin play any PG?

Might take them some way, but huge hit on their chance at going all the way. Big shame. If the Spurs lose one of their three, the Heat would be unbackable.

Reply #415580 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Big, big blow to OKC. Given the way the Spurs have been playing lately, I can't imagine any team in the West could stop the Heat in a 7-game series.

Kevin Durant's leadership will be tested, that's for sure.

I can't see K.Martin playing point. He's best utilized in SG playing off-ball, which is why he's performed respectively this season for OKC with most of the usage coming from Durant and Westbrook.

Maybe Derek Fisher will have to step up and play reasonable minutes? Failing that, either Reggie Jackson, Thabo Sefolosha or Ronnie Brewer to handle the point more often would be my best bets.

Reply #415587 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Patrick Beverly needs to be reprimanded on this one. (I'm guessing the injury is due to that incident.) An utter disgrace. And the Thunder hopes for a championship are well and truly gone now. Don't kid yourselves, guys. Just so unfortunate for the Thunder.

Reply #415592 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

Patrick Beverly did nothing wrong. Players do that all the time before a time out.

Reply #415598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBA players do not do that, m. It's not like young Patrick should get the guillotine, but give him a fine. He unnecessarily put himself and Westbrook in danger.

Reply #415605 | Report this post

Carcus Mamby  
Years ago

Players do that but not all the time. Scumbag move by beverly, gotta feel for russel and the season okc have had now there chances are alot lower.

Reply #415612 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Actually if Westbrook didn't stick his knee out to protect the ball when he had already called a timeout then he would have been fine. So I have no issue with what Beverly did.

Reply #415617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I watch a lot of NBA; admittedly too much, and a full on strip attempt as the offensive player is clearly calling a timeout. Just doesn't happen. Really a scumbag move. Hopefully it doesn't take away from Westbrook's athleticism.

Reply #415629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

King James,

Westbrook was simply bracing for impact. He tried to shield himself from impact. What Westbrook did was a natural reaction when someone comes at you. What would you have expected of Westbrook in that instance? If what he did was not the correct way to do it, what do you think he should have done?

Reply #415633 | Report this post

Maxx  
Years ago

This is where the Thunder is really going to feel the effects of the Harden trade. With Harden they would still be the #2 seed.

Reply #415636 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

For all those who think this is a Scumbag move watch this ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wjWrjQpNBsA

Reply #415669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So... it's still a scumbag move

Reply #415670 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

I don't get how it is a scumbag move; seems like Beverly is just playing hard to me. Timeout was called as he was going for the steal, his body was already in motion

Reply #415699 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I hate these unwritten rules that people jump up and down about.

Reply #415720 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love it m, so funny that Westbrook made the exact same play against Houston of all teams!

Reply #415723 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

You have to be trolling or outright retarded if you think Beverley needs to be suspended/fined for making a LEGIT basketball play like this.

Reply #415724 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

You have to be trolling or outright retarded if you think Beverley needs to be suspended/fined for making a LEGIT basketball play like this.

Reply #415725 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Looks like a fair bit of the hype is dur to the injury, not so much the move to strip the ball IMO. I agree that players try to step in and strip the ball quite often, but when it goes wrong like this and a player is seriously injured, then the media machine kicks in...

Lots of contact in every aspect of basketball these days, spin moves and cross overs are performed by players with the ball all the time, in an attempt to avoid the contact or strip of the ball.

When it goes wrong, it goes wrong, just bad luck I think...

Reply #415731 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

It has been a while since I watched the footage, but I'm sure I recall Westbrook signalling for the timeout BEFORE Beverley attempts to steal the ball. I recall Beverley making contact well after Westbrook signals for the timeout. I don't think a suspension or a fine is warranted. It's very unfortunate that it turned out this way. It could potentially cost the Thunder a championship, millions of dollars worth of success and could rob Westbrook of some athleticism in the future. A very costly move that could have easily been avoided.

Reply #415746 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:48 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754