wildcats80
Years ago

Wothington talking to Wildcats

Just heard on radio its confirmed Wildcats are talking to Mark Worthington, a chance he could play for Perth

"I have been talking to the Wildcats but it would probably help if I knew who was coaching them at the moment," Worthington said this week.

"I have talked to the Wildcats' organisation and a few people - current coaches and possibly future coaches of the Wildcats.

"They've all contacted me, so Perth is on the list."

Topic #31539 | Report this topic

orbit  
Years ago

With Joey at Adel may be a chance as well.

Reply #416332 | Report this post

Cats82  
Years ago

How many points is he?

Reply #416340 | Report this post

grindog  
Years ago

He will be at Melbourne.

Reply #416341 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hmmm, Wortho in and Redhage out??? Cos I can't see them co-existing on same team. Source of which radio station? Also according to Boti, wildcats not announcing a coach for 4 weeks?? That's ludicrous during free agency. Maybe they truly are waiting on Bevo's options. He asked for a few weeks to decide.

Reply #416349 | Report this post

Rashad  
Years ago

if the cats are talking to wortho's, then that clearly means either redhage, lisch or knight won't re-sign with the cats next season which is unfortunate. would love to see the group stay together, and to keep bevo aswel!

Reply #416353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/sport/16971654/wildcats-a-chance-to-snare-worthington/

Reply #416354 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Most have Worthington pencilled in at Melbourne, but being a WA boy the Wildcats would not surprise. One thing about Worthington is that he is a family man first and foremost, and at this stage of his career he is looking to stitch up some long-term security, likely in the form of a three-year deal. So I would say Melbourne first, Perth second, and maybe Cairns as a roughy.

Reply #416357 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Ive heard he will play where he and his family decide they want to settle, so you would imagine it's between Perth and Melbourne.

Reply #416403 | Report this post

psycho  
Years ago

More than likely a 10point player Melbourne would be front runner

Reply #416404 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Wortho has lived in Cairns in past off-seasons, hence the reason I included them as a roughy.

Reply #416410 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Think you will find that Wortho's Dad is sick at the moment hence he has flown over to Perth.

Lock him in for Melbourne with Anstey.

Reply #416422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perhaps redhage and others might end up in townsville

Reply #416423 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

He's a 9 pointer from what I've read.

Reply #416463 | Report this post

Bowtie  
Years ago

It's Wortho's grandfather who was in hospital in Bunbury, WA.
Wortho owns a house in Melbourne...in laws live in Cairns. If Tigers can come up with reasonable money, he won't look anywhere else. Wants to have fingers in many "sporting pies", especially AFL.
However, would be at home under Wright.
Joint captains with Gibbo but wouldn't have to share it under Anstey?

Reply #416530 | Report this post

catsfan  
Years ago

Worthington would be rated at 9 points according to the West Australian.

I don't think that Redhage would leave the Wildcats- he has a family settled here, he is the captain of a successful team and the Wildcats threw him a lifeline when he was dropped from NewZealand. I'd say these combinations would swing Redhage to stay with the Cat's, but I suppose anything can happen..

Reply #416538 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:36 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754