Shaq
Years ago

Homicide in great form

Would Homicide be an option for Adelaide at the right price? he seems to be in great form in Lebanon and if he came cheap enough you could spend decent money on a good 3/4 import know that you have Homicide that is proven at the level already.

I think that Joey could handle his personality well and he would definately bring excitement to the game as well as great penetration to the key area.

either way I think that he is worth consideration at the right price.

Topic #31540 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was Homicide really that good?

Why is his name brought up in EVERY conversation when an opening comes up?

Do you think there could have been a reason Townsville let him go!?

Reply #416343 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

He was offered to every NBL team last season at min price (Yes, 37k) and no one was interested.

He will be 36 before the new season starts and while yes he is still in good form, there are a LOT of off the court issues with him. I'm a big fan of his game and what he brings, but at the end of the day if a player is being unprofessional off the court.. You gotta weigh up if he's worth the risk.

From what I know he has done/does off the court - IMO he isn't worth the risk.

Reply #416346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, has been. No jumpshot won the MVP in a weak field. Next...

Reply #416350 | Report this post

nope  
Years ago

Sounds like a lot of haters, I guess all of the dud that have played in the league of the last few seasons are more worthy? Nat, I would say that your figure for a FULL season is very off, what you have heard may be talking about a part of a season (very sure of this).

Reply #416362 | Report this post

Triton 95  
Years ago

He would be much better than having Gibson at the point.

Reply #416363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is much much much much better than Cadee

Reply #416367 | Report this post

Ct  
Years ago

Hahaha Anon, are you suggesting that the whole NBL was a weak field? Good one buddy, I'm sure the league is much stronger now with its star calibre boomers and all.

Reply #416369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The professionalism of Homicide was shown in the contempt he exhibited when he had his brief SEABL stint. He was that bad he was embarrased intoleaving with lame excuses. NO needed at any stage and not needed in the NBl. Enjoy your falafels in Lebanon.

Reply #416372 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Good for the league, bad for his team.

Reply #416373 | Report this post

Ct  
Years ago

Now another anon turns this into an Internet bashing and prejudice posting. Don't talk things other than if you think he would suit a team here or not. Why discuss falafels tool?

Reply #416379 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Prejudice?

Reply #416380 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The situation is trying to create a situation

Reply #416383 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not keen to see him on either team I follow.

Reply #416387 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

#383, all I was doing was asking how the above comment could be considered prejudice?

Reply #416388 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

does he like Kebabs or just Felafels?

Reply #416391 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

OMG teh racism!!1!

Reply #416392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh please, he is an one-on-one player who doesn't have an outside shot. If you want to play team basketball - he isn't a wise choice.

Reply #416397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Homicide doesn't know the meaning of defence.Let someone other than a 36yo import fill an import spot on any NBL team.

Reply #416409 | Report this post

Pikachu  
Years ago

Too old . Rather have Anstey comeback
His tigers team was huge but nobody wanted to bang inside. Get to the damn free throw line.

Reply #416411 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Time isn't linear in your world, is it Pikachu?

Reply #416454 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

that might be because time isn't linear

Reply #416485 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

While he is probably too old to get a run now, you can't deny that he was a pretty good player back in his day. Going to the rim he was a better finisher than anyone in the league right now. He couldn't shoot to save himself, but he didn't turn the ball over much and always showed up for big games.

I don't know where people come up with this "bad locker room presence" nonsense because it is completely unfounded (at least from his time in townsville). He was let go because they wanted to go with a pass-first point guard.

Ironically every point guard they've had since has pretty much averaged less assists per game than homicide...

Reply #416499 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

Enjoyed watching him for Townsville. I thought he added a lot to the league.

Reply #416521 | Report this post

Silencer83  
Years ago

Mick, barely turned the ball over? He led the league in turnovers when he was last here and has a career average of 4+ tpg in the NBL.

Reply #416555 | Report this post

Silencer83  
Years ago

As for stepping up in the big games does anyone remember the Valentine's Day Massacre?

Reply #416556 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Williams averaged 5.6 t/o in his last season.

Reply #416557 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Mick, I can guarantee you that there in fact were offcourt problems with Homicide at the Crocs. Recent history (last five years at the very least) says that you can't really trust anything the Crocs release to the media. Hopefully that changes with the community model, because you don't want to lie to those whom support you.

Reply #416560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't know about off court stuff but all I know is it's not good look when you win league MVP and your club decides not to re-sign you.

Reply #416569 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

It's not a great look for the club either when you fire a league MVP and one-man-marketing-machine via a classless, detached e-mail and alienate your entire fanbase in the process.

Obviously my memory glossed over the turnovers, but in his prime with Townsville he was a game changer, even with his shortcomings.

Yeah he had streetball roots and didn't always play the game the right way, but point guards who can finish at the rim like he could are very valuable indeed. He was every bit as good as Gary Ervin, albeit without the jumpshot that Ervin developed last season, but a better finisher IMO.

You have to remember that he wasn't exactly young when he came here...

Reply #416659 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:46 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754