m
Years ago

Who is the better SG: Wade or Harden?

Who do people think is a better sg ATM??

Topic #31550 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wade isn't playing enough to gauge. Also, Harden is first and second option on his team, whereas Wade plays second fiddle to James.

But I'd say Wade is a better player.

Top 3 SG:
-Kobe
-Wade
-Harden

Reply #416634 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh dear, you've just opened the ingles flood gates

Reply #416639 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Harden is the best shooting guard in the league. Nobody had to carry the lack of talent he had this year to a 7 seed when they were expected to be a bottom 2 seed before they acquired him. He also shoots a much higher TS% and is 4th in the league in win shares.

1. Harden
2. Wade
3. Kobe

And this is coming from an unbiased and objective fan/analyst

Reply #416641 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ingles, please comment on this thread. We really want to hear your opinion. Perfect time to educate us.

Reply #416642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha, he's on this thread like flies on S***

Reply #416643 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ingles, it's all relative.
What do you think Wade or Bryant would do if they were on that team?

Reply #416644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Um didn't Houston finish 8th seed? Wow first wrong point already.

Houston is not as talentless as you think. Lin showed he is handy, asik shows he one of better bigs in league and I'm a massive parsons fan.

Kobe took a lakers team that fiinished 8th with smush, brown, Walton, grant to 7 games against number one suns with Nash and amare. He took them further with way less talent.

Harden and the rockets may get through but he has more talent and needed Westbrook out otherwise would have been a sweep.

No comparison.

Oh and Kobe at his age scored more points at a higher FG percentage, more rebounds and more assists. Enough said!

Reply #416646 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

This is going to be quite amusing.

Wait for it......

Reply #416648 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

"And this is coming from an unbiased and objective fan/analyst"

Love it.

Reply #416660 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Anon 416646....the question is who is the better SG at the moment. Therefore, we should only be comparing players on their last 1 maybe 2 years.

Based on that, Kobe has more talent on his team than Harden, as does Wade.

I think currently, Harden has had the better year of all 3....if you want to judge who is the better SG of the 3 then you would have to wait until they have all finished their careers but yes, you would predict Kobe to be atop that list at such time.

Reply #416663 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Lamar Odom from 04-07 was better than any player the rockets had this season to support Harden and that is not debatable

Reply #416665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

on the 2012 Olympic team they played Wade and Kobe and Harden got splinters in his ass............that is all

Reply #416668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ingles, analysts go in-depth with the information they're given. Show us your in-depth knowledge! We are waiting! Surely you know what the word 'analyse' means, right? 'Analyse and evaluate', you do essays and assessment all the time.

Also, if you knew so much about basketball, you'd know that a good basketball team isn't made up of one or two players, which is what you were inferring with that Lamar Odom comment.

If you are so right, retort! Please. I encourage you.

Reply #416672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lakers had more talent this year on paper you mean. No Nash, hill, Gasol for extended periods. Injured Howard for lot of the season. Yet Kobe carried the team to a higher position than hardens team. So on paper yes lakers had a better roster, in reality, they didn't.

Um tornado open your eyes as I said this year Kobe averaged more points at a higher FG % more rebounds and more assists. Pretty sure this year qualifies for current!!!!

Ingles, stupid argument using one player but I'll mention that parsons averaged more points at a higher FG %, higher 3pt %, higher ft % and more steals than odom did in that period. I also noticed you left of odoms three leaner years at LA. So harden has some decent players with him.

Reply #416678 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lakers had more talent this year on paper you mean. No Nash, hill, Gasol for extended periods. Injured Howard for lot of the season. Yet Kobe carried the team to a higher position than hardens team. So on paper yes lakers had a better roster, in reality, they didn't.

Um tornado open your eyes as I said this year Kobe averaged more points at a higher FG % more rebounds and more assists. Pretty sure this year qualifies for current!!!!

Ingles, stupid argument using one player but I'll mention that parsons averaged more points at a higher FG %, higher 3pt %, higher ft % and more steals than odom did in that period. I also noticed you left of odoms three leaner years at LA. So harden has some decent players with him.

Reply #416679 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

No, Kobe did not carry the lakers to a higher seed than the rockets. They were the 8th seed when Kobe got injured, and were able to overtake the rockets on the final game of the season when Gasol+Howard carried them.

What were the rockets record when Harden didn't play? the lakers were 4-1 without Kobe.

.800 without Kobe. Oh my.

LOL @ saying Parsons > Odom from 04-07. You're trolling, right? Ypu bring up his points and % but fail to mention Odom's strengths in his rebohnding, defense, passing and versatility. I didn't mention after 07 as they acquired Gasol, which simultaneously catapulted them to the #1 seed that year. Coincidence? What happened this year when Gasol want down? THEY LOST. What happened went Kobe went down? THEY WENT 4-1.

Harden outplayed Kobe this year and it isn't debatable. Notice how all the kobetards use baby statistics because Kobe doesn't have the edge in any meaningful advanced statistic.

Only a true Kobe homer could turn a wade/Harden topic (the 2 best SG's in the league) into a Kobe debate. Pitiful

Reply #416681 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kobetards, I love it!

Reply #416682 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

THEY WENT 4-1 IN THE LAST WEEK WHEN THEIR SEASON WAS ON THE LINE INGLES YOU FUCKHEAD!
OF COURSE THEY ARE GONNA STEP UP.

Kobe won more games for LA this season with big shots then losing games with bad shots.

Harden won't win HALF the accolades that Bryant has achieved. FACT LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

WITHOUT KOBE THIS SEASON LA WOULD BE BELOW .500 YOU DUMBASS

17th season averaging 26 6 6. That's better than Harden with a stacked team, if Hardens team is worse shouldn't Hardens stats be better?

You are a pathetic piece of shit with no idea.

Lol lol you little pimple headed dweeb

Ha ha lol lol lol look at me my name is ingles13 the virgin troll who has nothing better to do then disrespect the greatest Laker of all time.

Reply #416699 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

Thinking it is Harden at the moment; Wade has had a few too many injuries the last couple of years. I don't think Kobe is at that level anymore, yes he played great this year but he had enough talent this year to get his team better than a 7 seed.

Reply #416702 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

No they went 2-1 early in the season, then 2-0 in the last 2 games of the seasons. .800 without kobe, that is far above .500.

This is why I don't like talking to kobetards. No matter what you say to them, you cannot educate dumb people. Once dumb, always dumb.

Do not disrespect Magic Johnson like that

Reply #416703 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Harden had a fantastic year. Kobe also had a fantastic year. I think Kobe gets the nod here. He played some really well-rounded ball and had his most efficient offensive output in years.

If you compare Kobe from LAST YEAR with Harden from THIS YEAR, Harden gets it. But Kobe came out of nowhere to string together a great campaign.

Reply #416706 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That why Magic has stated that Kobe is the greatest laker of all time ingles you dumbass. A 4 game stretch doesn't mean shit. Look at Linsanity last year. Where is he now??

Reply #416714 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wait a minute did Kobe play in the series against spurs? No so they finished 4-5 without Kobe. They weren't even competitive against the spurs with Gasol and Howard.

Who got the lakers the early win? Injured Nash, injured Gasol who when played had worst numbers in career, a sulking injured Howard that showed nothing? No none of them.

Some people need to look at the season, Celtic green for instance. You do realise that the lakers on paper aren't the lakers that hit the court all season. Maybe watch a bit more ball before you make a stupid comment.

Ingles you have no idea. You stated rockets finished 7th wrong! You stated curry isn't best player on warriors team wrong! You saud lakers wouldn't make playoffs wrong! You said rockets would finish higher at end of regular season wrong!

So glad I'm not paying for this education!

Reply #416721 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

You cannot say the lakers finished 4-5 when you include the playoffs as that is using a different sample from when we're comparing the lakers with and without Kobe. You're stretching. 4-1 in reg season without Kobe. 41-36 without. I'm comparing apples to apples. You're comparing apples to oranges.

Find me a comment where I said "curry isn't the best player on the warriors". I reckon I said its DEBATABLE or he isn't clearly the best player on his team like chris Paul is to the clippers. This was also around the time when his teammate made the ASG over him. Since then, his game has elevated and it has become clear he is the best player on the warriors. Also seems to have become the second best guard in the pacific division

Reply #416729 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

...with Goran Dragic being the best guard in the Pacific Division hey Ingles.

Reply #416732 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Wrong.

1. Chris Paul
2. Steph Curry

Reply #416734 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No it was before asg cause we were talking about it. So clearly you are wrong. I must be superior as I said that about curry before you did. Now you're changing your views. Guess I educated you?

No I'm not u said lakers were 4-1 without Kobe this season. Wrong they are 4-5. You can't dismiss teams and games to suit your argument.

Also wrong about lakers making playoffs and rockets finishing higher than lakers at end of reg season. What happened there with your education?

Reply #416746 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Find me where I said the lakers would miss the playoffs. Find me where I said "rockets will finish 7th"

And your reading comprehension must be low when I wrote "around the time his teammate made the ASG" aka when he was selected.

You're the one discounting games. You're using a completely different sample to me. I'm including the reg season aka when both samples can be evaluated. If you want to include the playoffs, then you have to compare it to the lakers record WITH Kobe against playoff teams in the reg season. How many times has a team had a better record in the places than regular season? Not many

Reply #416753 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I think the fact that the Lakers sucked this year didn't have much to do with Kobe. He was playing pretty efficiently by any metric. They just sucked. With him or without him.

Reply #416760 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

They were 4-1 in the reg season without him.
Wins v Pacers, Sacramento, Rockets, Spurs
Loss v Phoenix

Reply #416766 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Small sample size, doesn't mean a whole lot. You can't really glean meaningful out of a season like that. Everyone was just on a completely different page, on top of the injuries and effort problems, and they had a god-awful coach on top of all of that.

You could write a thesis on how bad this Lakers team was and how far they under-achieved before you even got to a chapter on Kobe's involvement in the mess.

The thing I would criticise him for is the intangible notion of failing to get this team to play together properly and doing the coaching that Mike D'Antoni is not capable of, but his individual output on the court was pretty damn good this season, especially when you factor in his age and his past couple seasons of inefficiency. Shot the ball at a great clip and took on the facilitator role for large stretches of the season.

Reply #416772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well said Mick it was a disaster season in a lot of ways.

I love the way you "forget" what you say cause it ended up proving you wrong.

My reading comprehension is alright. I remember proving you wrong numerous times already.

If you know so much about basketball how did you not pick up that curry is the best player on the team. Why did it take so long.

Also how many rings did Shaq and Gasol win prior to teaming with Kobe?

Reply #416778 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

What happened the first year Kobe was top dog when Shaq left? Missed playoffs lol (in his prime)

Reply #416779 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Exactly Ingles which is why you are barking up the wrong tree by bagging this year's effort by Kobe. If you were making the same arguments a year ago I'd be agreeing with you but you can't deny that he was an efficient all-round offensive player this season.

His defense, on the other hand, fell in a big way.

Reply #416786 | Report this post

Pikachu  
Years ago

Harden , wades been resting up.

Reply #416792 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Offensively the Lakers were good because Kobe was playing good offense.

Defense was the problem though and unless you are a superstar rim defender, you can't make an amazing amount of difference on that side of the ball. Ingles, you can't expect Kobe to play defence for four other guys.

Reply #416794 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love the way ingles doesn't answer the questions where's he's proven wrong. He either doesn't answer or asks another irrelevant question.

Must be too hard for him to form an opinion on the spot. Has to see what skip and Chris say first.

Reply #416804 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

"Proven wrong"

Got to love the terrible anonymous trolls on this forum. I laugh multiple times when I see the crap they write.

Reply #416806 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

If you want to call yourself an analyst, Ingles, you need to prove it aye.

You've shown nothing.

Reply #416816 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:49 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754