Happy Days
Years ago

Grant Wallace BV Coach of the Year

http://www.kilsythbasketball.com.au/index.php?id=21&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=1202&cHash=b4f628bb27

For Coach of the year he ain't doing a lot in SEABL....

Topic #31555 | Report this topic

Vart  
Years ago

Define 'ain't doing a lot' please Happy Days. Coaching is about much more than just wins and losses.

Reply #416777 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

2-5 bottom of the ladder suffice?

Reply #416793 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And for clarity it was for the 2012 season

Reply #416811 | Report this post

Wayne  
Years ago

Either way. If he is Coach of the Year then we are in a lot of trouble in the coaching stakes.

Reply #416815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didnt make finals in 2012, won 1 finals game in 4 years. I guess its important though to make sure your new boss is happy on arrival.

Reply #416828 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

And now the new Basketball Operations Manager at Basketball Victoria.

Reply #416834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow, what a coincidence.

Reply #416835 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

He has the coaching gig at Kilsyth for as long as he wants.The coaching gig is a nice little financial top up.

Reply #416853 | Report this post

College watcher  
Years ago

He coached the U20 Victorian team to a win in 2012 and 2013.

Reply #416876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's all hope that Wallace continues to Coach the Cobras.

Reply #416877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coaching a Vic State team is like coaching Black Caviar, especially the past few 20's teams.

Reply #416898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree, especially the 2011 and 2013 Vic under 20s teams he coached. Both of those teams where absolutely stacked. 2012 a bit more coaching was required as not as much star power, but any way you look at it, the man can coach because he got the right to coach those teams in the right place.

Reply #416940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Poor forum topic Happy Days. This early in the season I would say is a little premature to start making blanket statements like Grant can't coach. In saying that, how do BV select their various award winners?

On the GM front, I wonder who Kilsyth will secure. Biggest association in Victoria are big shoes to fill.

Reply #416967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some of those award winners certainly have you scratching your head, you'd think coach of the year would have come from either Larrisa Anderson, Ken Harrington or Darren Perry based on achievements as a coach at the highest possible level.
Female Referee of the year only officiated a handful of games and didnt rank as the highest female official.

No idea what the criteria is for those awards.

Reply #416970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey didn't the U/17 Men win a Silver medal at a W'Cs in 2012 ???

Maybe someone out there may think that is worth something .

Reply #416978 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Good one Happy Days. I say coaching is about more than wins and losses, and you then point me to their win-loss record. Very intelligent. Glad I wasted my time trying to join in this thread.

Reply #417171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would like to see who else was nominated for both COTY awards. For my money KB was a pathetic choice.

Reply #417177 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:25 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754