Pikachu
Years ago

NBA Draft , NBL off season movements

Any Australians in this years draft?

Abercrombie going to a camp in chicago to workout , hoping to get on a summer league outfit

Steven Adams training with the saints then heading back stateside for pre draft workouts

Id like to see Abercrombie in Europe , he's got crazy hops, protects the rim and can shoot abit. Shit handles

Adams will get better in the NBA , start of with foul trouble adjusting to the speed of the game etc. Hopefully he does well and I'll send him big ben pies for christmas lol

Topic #31572 | Report this topic

Mick  
Years ago

Abercrombie needs to work on his handles in a big way, as do most athletic Aus/NZ wings...

Reply #417033 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Delly is our biggest chance in having someone drafted. Broekhoff and Motum are outside chances at best. I would rather they all go undrafted right now to avoid a team holding their rights and stashing them away somewhere...

Reply #417035 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Abercrombie's athleticism is only comparable to that of Europe's talent, and sub-par for an NBA swingman - notice that he's yet to dominate the league (granted his apparent injuries held him back last season).

Considering athleticism and length are his best assets, NBL is where he belongs. Nothing wrong with that, but he's not a young prospect any more. I'd be shocked if he were offered a deal in Europe that would cause him to pack his bags.

Reply #417039 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Delly 2nd round!

Reply #417040 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

I think someone will take a chance on Delly...

Reply #417068 | Report this post

Pikachu  
Years ago

Is it favourable if Delly gets a D League gig at least?
Or will he be better off coming home to the new NBL?

Reply #417071 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Many will agree with me he is to good from NBL, euro calling if not nba...

Reply #417086 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

I doubt Delly will get drafted, but he'll be one of the first players invited to training camp, probably by a few teams. He's got NBA potential, but I think most clubs will try to get him in without using a draft pick.

Reply #417167 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

The NBA draft is a game within a game, I agree Vart, it can be a lottery but after what happened with Jeremy LIN I am sure clubs will take a deeper look from now on...

Reply #417173 | Report this post

Flip  
Years ago

Delly probably go to the San Australia Spurs

Reply #417181 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

I honestly would not be surprised to see Delly in a Sydney Kings uniform next year. If he does not make the NBA, I reckon the chance to play in Australia, play with a great big man in Ogilvy, and play under Hammer, a point guard who has done everything Delly aspires to do, may be an appealing place to start his professional career.

Reply #417184 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

What happened with Jeremy Lin? When he played about half a dozen good games, then has sucked big time after being overpaid?

Reply #417185 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Sometimes you end up in a team that doesn't quite suit your style or the coach doesn't quite get it right, LIN showed what he could do, then ended up somewhere else, that's what happened.....

It's called chemistry I think?

Reply #417187 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Wow I had no idea averaging 13.4ppg, 6.1apg, 3.0rpg on 44FG%, 2:1 assist-turnover ratio constituted 'sucking', especially given he's on a modest contract for a PG, plays alongside a high usage SG in Harden, and played all 82 games to lead the Rockets to the finals... yeah, how did I miss that?

If nobody else, the Spurs will use a 2nd rounder on Delly.

Reply #417191 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

playoffs* (not finals)

Reply #417192 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Fair enough Mo, I was harsh in critiquing Lin that way.

Reply #417208 | Report this post

Pikachu  
Years ago

Would like to see Delly and Adams together at the spurs. Earning there stripes for the toros

Reply #417253 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Given that the Spurs have Splitter, Blair and Baynes, I can't really see them taking Adams.

Reply #417256 | Report this post

Pikachu  
Years ago

He's gonna be at least better then josh mcroberts, kwame brown, jeff adrien, and byron mullens

Reply #417274 | Report this post

Nike Al  
Years ago

I think Blair is out of contract at the end of the season

Reply #417278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HAVE HEARD THAT DANTE EXUM IS GOING STRAIGHT INTO DRAFT!!!

Reply #417989 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

He's not eligible for this coming draft. Earliest he can be drafted is next year.

Reply #417992 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Abercrombie's athleticism is only comparable to that of Europe's talent, and sub-par for an NBA swingman - notice that he's yet to dominate the league (granted his apparent injuries held him back last season).

He didn't have any probs dunking on and nabbing boards over Euro League players in the WC's

Reply #418018 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:21 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754