Anonymous
Years ago

Knighty resigns for 3 year with the Cats

Perth Wildcats star centre Matt Knight has re-signed with the club for a further three seasons in a deal that will see him wear a Wildcats singlet until at least the end of the 2015/16 NBL season.

Knight picked up numerous accolades throughout the 2013 season, including finishing runner-up in the Wildcats MVP, being named in the All-NBL first team and voted as the starting centre in the All-Star game, reaffirming his status as the League's premier big man.

The 27-year-old says he's excited to re-sign with the 'Cats and the decision to stay in Perth was an easy one.

"I’ve loved Perth for three years and I wanted to continue to be here," said Knight.

“The facilities are first class and we’re playing in front of 13,000 people at the Arena. I feel that the Wildcats are starting to build on something special and I want to be part of that.”

Knight played 27 games in 2012/13 and hopes to win a championship that has so far eluded him in his 129-game NBL career.

“Personally, I want to build on what I’ve done so far, help win a championship and continue to bring success to the club,” said Knight.

Topic #31573 | Report this topic

Mick  
Years ago

Hopefully he can stay healthy like he did last season for the most part.

Great player when not slowed by injuries.

Reply #417054 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Very happy with that, and also relieved that we have a re-signing at last!

Love Matty Knights work, a great player to have.

Reply #417072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Must be playing PF cause Dunigan is decently coming back.

Reply #417083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Definitely ( dam auto spell )

Reply #417084 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Other than one anon (no disrespect), who can verify that Dunigan will be back at the Wildcats?

Reply #417087 | Report this post

psycho  
Years ago

Great to see knight back he only missed 4games and we got to look at dunigan I hope we can sign him would be an imposing frontcourt

Reply #417091 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

If Dunigan returns, that would mean Redhage is going elsewhere.

Reply #417092 | Report this post

psycho  
Years ago

Given the points cap situation and with wagstaff and possibly hire and Cody Ellis signing redhage would appear the odd man out.

Reply #417117 | Report this post

Cats82  
Years ago

Redhage will stay, lisch is the one that is still not sure atm, he is looking at euro to, doubt he will sign with any other nbl team other than perth and hire also will remain in perth

Reply #417142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Liking what we are going to see

Dunigan
Knight
Worthington
Martin
Lisch/import

Waggstaff
Hire
Ellis
Barrlett
A nobody

Pinders son development

Reply #417144 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

That team won't fit under 70 points.

Reply #417148 | Report this post

psycho  
Years ago

A good line up there anon, it would be great to get Worthington, could be over 70pt cap with that squad.
Team could look like this:
Martin
Import/lisch
Hire
Knight
Dunigan

Daly or a similar point player or rookie.
Bartlett
Ellis
Wagstaff
(local) rookie?
im not sure of points value but think we will have thinner bench and wagstaff,hire and Ellis will make up for possible loss of redhage

Reply #417149 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

I'm happy having Armour coming off the bench, Greg 4 Hire was certainly fast tracked from development player to STARter and hopefully Armour could be similar, I hear he is quick and a really good defender so we wouldn't lose as much with Martin getting a rest as we would with Bartlett running the point.

Great to see Knight sign and hopefully Dunigan signs as well.

As for Anon's team with Wortho in it. Regardless of it being under the points or not, isn't it great to see such a massive front court. The battles with a massive front court of the 36ers will add to the excitement. Let's make it happen!

Reply #417159 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

I would not be surprised at all to see Dunigan come in, largely because of Marvin.

The Wildcats front office definitely wants a more exciting brand of basketball now they have to try and maintain a crowd of 11k+ and big Mike definitely had fans going wild. I think this is playing a big part in Bevo and the Cats splitting ways.

They're willing to trade some of the win rate for excitement factor and Bevo, though a damned effective coach, is not a particularly exciting game style.

Reply #417202 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:38 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754