Carl Landry
Years ago

Boomers vs China 2013 Perth Arena

Can't wait for this match. Just want to get the thoughts, knowledge, to these questions?

Who will be in the team?

Will there be a camp before hand?

Lets discuss the game, who will be in it and everything to do with the game.

Go ahead

Topic #31585 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm looking forward to this one too.

Don't expect any big names too play.

Would love to see Motum, Drmic, Broekhoff given a run though.

Probably also in the squad will be:

Goulding
Knight
Martin
Wagstaff
Ogilvy
Madgen

Etc

Reply #417341 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Are these games usually worth going to? Was considering getting along.

Actually a hell of a lot cheaper than Wildcats games.

Reply #417344 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I reckon definitely worth it. Anytime you can watch our country play, it's worth it. Even though the big names won't be there, a gem could be unearthed. It's Aussie pride!!

Reply #417345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where did you see it advertised?

Reply #417346 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

It will be Australias C team with maybe 1 or 2 of the main guys gearing up for the series in NZ. against china expect

Adam Gibson
Ryan Broekohff
Hugh Greenwood
Ben Madgen
Chris Goulding
Jesse Wagstaff
Todd Blanchfeild
Nathan Jawai
Brock Motum
Daniel Johnson
Cam Tragardh
AJ Ogilvy

For Aus/NZ

PG:

Matty Dellevadova
Patty Mills
Dante Exum (could jump spots by 2016)
Joe Ingles
Brad Newley
Ryan Broekohff
Joe Ingles
David Barlow
Mark Worthington
Nathan Jawai
Brock Motum
AJ Ogilvy

Reply #417347 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

@Anon7346
There was a Ticketek presale mail out, saw it listed there.

Reply #417348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will this be on TV?

Reply #417353 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Youknowme.

I would never have Tragardh anywhere near a Boomers lineup. Too small to play the 5 and absolutely useless at any other spot. Forman would be worth a look just to open up the inside for the likes of a Jawai. Poor defender but no worse than Trigger and, by far, the best outside shooting big(ish)player we have. Also has the quickest release so if any system can get him open (cant get himself open) he WILL knock them down at a good rate. He will never go close to a full team but if you want a 3 point gun he is the best (accuracy, quickest release, high release)out of any player we have. I think he is worth a look at the next level for that one specific role only.

Reply #417367 | Report this post

Hornacek  
Years ago

Can these games be used as a send off for players like glen Saville from now on? Oh wait BA doesn't read these types of forums do they?

Reply #417377 | Report this post

murray  
Years ago

Is yi jianling playing for china? also what about sun yue and yao ming/sun ming ming @ centre?

Reply #417379 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

When is this game being played?

Reply #417389 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth games are the 7th and 9th of June.
China games are the 12th and 14th of June.

Reply #417393 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Mitch Norton has been called up to the squad, according to this morning's Townsville Bulletin.

Would be great to see Exum in there.

Reply #417406 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Nathan of Perth, it is definitely worth going to these games. Even though it won't be a full strength team, guys like Broekhoff, Motum, Greenwood and Drmic will most likely be part of the team, and these are guys that will be mainstays of the full strength Boomers team for the next decade. And Lemanis might even give Dante Exum a run, so you'll get to see a future Boomers superstar play his first senior game in the green and gold.

Reply #417410 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Have to say Micth nortons selection is a part of the "get every Australian who is not terrible into the international program' Idea thats been going on for the past decade.

I think its a good thing, gives the kid international experience.. means when injuries strike theres always someone there who is tested internationally and who should be servicable atleast. This is the kind of thing the Boomers of the 90s lacked, but they did have great chemistry as a team... I feel like now with the regular boomers that is slowly starting to show. It is exciting times, but I would bet a lot of money that you never see Norton on a Boomers teazm in a REAL comp.

Reply #417517 | Report this post

Jacob  
Years ago

Does any one know when the camp is before hand?

Reply #417537 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

BA have a 'Boomers /Emerging Boomers Camp' listed on their calendar from June 1-4 in Perth.

Reply #417550 | Report this post

Jacob  
Years ago

Thanks Vart, really want to go to this camp to see who is there and who may play in the series, very excited about the emerging talent the Boomers have. Going to the first game and can't wait!!

Reply #417565 | Report this post

College watcher  
Years ago

World university games is in Russia this year in July. The camp is a combined one where the Australian university games team will be selected. Lots of young talent will be in the camp. Definitely worth a look!

Reply #417680 | Report this post

psycho  
Years ago

College watcher,
Any idea who will be in the camp?

Reply #417822 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Only guys publicly confirmed so far are Mitch Norton and Todd Blanchfield, neither of whom would be eligible for the uni games.

Reply #417823 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Do ya think maybe there both overrated?

Reply #417834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

definately c string players, good at nbl level but not boomers its just with the amount of players unavailable they will get looked at

Reply #417841 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norton captain of junior national team, certainly a chance to be Boomer of the future, Blanchfield late developer with world of potential. Both worth keeping in the system, could be at Olympics some day.

Reply #417850 | Report this post

College watcher  
Years ago

Psycho best guess would be those performing well at NCAA as well as Owen Odigie (3 years AIS and attending La Trobe).
So that will mean Delly, Motum Drmic, Jois, Bairstow,Greenwood and Broekhoff. Sorry if I have overlooked anyone obvious (just off the top of my head).
Rest of the squad could be best performers at AIS, young guns for experience (emerging boomers) and a mix of available boomers.
Would be a great squad to watch. The Chinese games may be used primarily to prepare the Australian WUG team for July given the close proximity to the WUG in Russia in July.

Reply #417862 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

BA nets 24 game deal with China.

Reply #417868 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

I'm not sure Delly, Broekhoff or Motum will be part of the uni games team. It will depend on whether or not they obtain NBA summer league invitations. The Vegas summer league runs 12-22 July, crossing over the uni games which are 6-17 July.

Reply #417914 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:35 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754