Anonymous
Years ago

Where will Stevie Weigh end up for 13/14?

Any rumors (or even facts) around where Stevie may end up playing this season and beyond?

Topic #31596 | Report this topic

:)  
Years ago

Should be senior mens div 3 maybe at southern or south!

Reply #417572 | Report this post

Fact - he's moved out of Ads, and is back in Rockhampton suiting up for the Rockets for the QBL season.
Fact - If Adelaide get 2 (and even possibly 1) import, he cannot fit in the team.
Rumour - Wollongong is after him.

Reply #417573 | Report this post

Tiger  
Years ago

"Should be senior mens div 3 maybe at southern or south!"

A little bit harsh.. with the right coach he could become a massive threat in the league. Be interesting to see how he goes for the Rockets this season.

Reply #417578 | Report this post

I'd love it if he stayed since I am a little skepitcal on how soon the Sixers can get 100% out of Creek. Apart from Wollongong, who else would have room for him?

Reply #417589 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Weigh is so talented and is up there with the most athletic in the league yet doesn't take that next step up. Sometimes it seems to be because he is too complacent, other times he is too scared. Some blame could be because of how Clarke played him.

He will either take that next step up and be one of the best in the league or he will just become another Nash and just decline.

Reply #417592 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

I think under a good coach Weigh will flourish..its gonna hurt if we have to get rid of him purely because of points and it comes back to hurt us. I think his potential showed when he ditched Clarkes system at the end of the year and played freely.

Reply #417609 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I got the impression of him being complacent
playen the most minutes every game

Reply #417610 | Report this post

psycho  
Years ago

Wollongong? Maybe cairns

Reply #417617 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Dont care hasnt shown me much, was hoping for so much more.

Reply #417618 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

I would take Weigh for Brad Hill any day of the week. That one extra perimeter threat will make Cairns that much more dangerous.

Reply #417620 | Report this post

Crocs are keen. Perfect back up plan if Crawford or Blanchfield don't sign. Maybe even compliment. Good value for a hard working versatile guy.

Reply #417658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could possibly end up back in Perth now that tovey has retired

Reply #417661 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

We seen how Luke Nevill could dominate this league when plays were ran for him and he got his confidence up.

I really like Weigh (wish we could get him back in Perth but we can't) and I hope his next coach asks him how he can make him happy and goes about doing that. Stevie should be dominating this league and with confidence and the right players around him it will happen.

I see him at Wollongong but I think If Melbourne don't get Wortho (he goes to Perth or Cairns) then I think the Tigers could do worse than have Stevie on their books.

Go Rockhampton

Reply #417667 | Report this post

red45  
Years ago

could be a nice replactment in Carins if Aaron Grabau retires?

Reply #417720 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"We seen how Luke Nevill could dominate this league when plays were ran for him and he got his confidence up."

When? He has had some nice games but has never been a dominant force.

Reply #417723 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Aaron Grabau is definitely going around next year, take that to the bank. Would love Aaron Bruce and Weigh to come up here and send Brad Hill away, though that means there will be seven guys playing the 1-3 spots.

-Jamar
-Gliddon
-Steindl
-Grabau
-S. Bruce
-A. Bruce
-Weigh (not at all comfortable playing him at Power Forward)

Need to trim the fat with that roster, but still fun thinking about the possibilities.

Reply #417737 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Could possibly end up back in Perth now that tovey has retired
Competition from Redhage, Hire, Wagstaff.
Weigh is so talented and is up there with the most athletic in the league
I think we might have different definitions of "athletic"? I would've said that a lack of real athleticism was a negative with his game as a SF.

Reply #417743 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

We seen how Luke Nevill could dominate this league when plays were ran for him and he got his confidence up.

I agree with you. Although Nevill has been patchy, he has shown he can be dominant. I have the feeling he will be massive next season.

Reply #417749 | Report this post

Silencer83  
Years ago

I have always got the impression that Weigh was biding his time until Brisbane returns to the league.

Reply #417790 | Report this post

Triton 95  
Years ago

Hopefully the Hawks

Reply #417799 | Report this post

psycho  
Years ago

Wollongong is my tip don't think he would want to wait for Brisbane to come back could be waiting a while

Reply #417818 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Totally agree about Cairns being stacked from 1-3.

They NEED a centre and should forget about recruiting Aaron Bruce and Stevie Weigh and get someone that scares the shit out of opposition inside as Loughton and Tragardh are scary when their shots are dropping but I wouldn't be worried about then swatting away plenty of shots.

Hopefully Cairns go find him and Weigh finds a good club and role.

I couldn't care less what happens to Bruce

Reply #417874 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:31 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754