independent
Years ago

Pack out the Arena in September

Apparently 36ers only have 270 members signed up as of the 3rd May
Perth were able to sign up plenty, I think 36ers should be able to get 7000 members with the team they are bringing together

Who is on board?
Who would like to sit along side a packed house at the Powerhouse once again?

Topic #31599 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

270? That has to be the worst in the NBL surely?

Reply #417601 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont think many teams would have many members signed just yet, the season is 5 months away.

Reply #417612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dean's "From the CEO's desk" updates indicate the goal is 4000-5000 members.

I would have thought the goal should be 7800 members (or is this logistically impossible given the capacity of the the "Pack House" and the need to provide some walk up seats)

Reply #417624 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

I'm still waiting for letter about signing back up after last season

Reply #417640 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Too early to worry about low membership. The early bird discount hasn't even expired yet. My guess is that by the end of this Friday the memberships will have multiplied significantly in taking advantage of the discount. The number of memberships as of 3rd May does not signify the number come start of season. Its also hard to believe that memberships this coming season will not be greater than the previous 3 years. A good number of fans have continued to show support in the last 3 years when at the bottom of the barrel. No reason why they wouldn't continue to show support with the major improvements currently being made. Add to this all those who will return after an absence due to the poor last 3 years. I also believe there will be an increase in casual ticket sales once the taste of success starts to sink in.

Reply #417641 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sir Ricey,

Maybe you should take the hint....

Reply #417648 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Memberships and ticket sales are also somewhat different. I wouldn't look at Perth as anything but a dream scenario, as an aside.

Memberships in some places, AFAIK, are a bit separate to season tickets themselves. e.g., you can be a member without actually attending games: country membership, interstate fan, etc. In the past, the club have tried to separate the two things conceptually but I don't know how successful that was as membership would seem part and parcel to the majority of 36ers season ticket holders.

Sure, 5k is a dream (but gotta aim high) and a few hundred is low but we're coming off the back of some disastrous seasons and many fans will wait to see more signings, hear a bit more from Joey in the media, etc.

Reply #417650 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Plus just the fact there is no real rush, no one is expecting tickets to sell out any time soon so people are buying them whenever they can be bothered, Show us some exciting imports and watch numbers improve. All the more reason as to why we need to give weigh the marching orders and use the pay packet and points on a solid import.

Reply #417662 | Report this post

worker  
Years ago

Back in 1998/99 Bernie Lewis had operation 4000 and they ended up with 4200 s/ticket holders and then would average 1500 game/door sales.

Reply #417712 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I thought this thread was about the Geelong Supercats, their home court is called the Arena.... :)

Reply #417714 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Perth had an almighty advertising campaign to wrangle up that many members. That requires a bit of capital to stump up, so I don't think its something every team can just expect to emulate, unfortunately.

Reply #417725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

worker
Is that the same Bernie Lewis that was caught breaching the salary cap and sent the Club and association broke?

Reply #417728 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Could they start the 3600 club? Aim for 3600 members/season ticket holders. Offer some sort of small discount/incentive for members? Make a special card/lanyard and even have a section on the website listing all members and even an exclusive log in with some extra bits, videos of games, interviews or something that non members dont get to see.

throw a members bbq every couple of months where all players, coaches, staff attend and mingle with everyone.

3600 is Possibly a bit low, but you can always exceed the 3,600 aim if people are wanting to sign up! Or could keep it exclusive for this club and just have the first 3600 people, have a waiting list and other membership options for anyone else.

No idea if it would work or anything.

Just a thought.

Reply #417730 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

@Jonno, an incentive to be in the first 3600 membership is an idea that could spark initial member interest, then bridge the gap with the rest to maximise the total number at the end, but not a bad idea to use the 36'rs name in the marketing brother, I like the way you are thinking...

Reply #417731 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I'm back on board after taking a season off.

Reply #417742 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Back in 1998/99 Bernie Lewis had operation 4000 and they ended up with 4200 s/ticket holders and then would average 1500 game/door sales.
And that was a successful period for the club.

What do they usually get in season tickets recently? 2500ish?

Reply #417745 | Report this post

you know who  
Years ago

Ricey

You run all over us on a Thursday night and expect a invitation!!

Reply #417858 | Report this post

eli1  
Years ago

I agree, 270 is low but given its a fair way off, why join up now. in saying that, i did it the other day and am still waiting for the pack to come in the mail.

either u want the discount or you don't ricey. It aint hard to get the user and pcode off the help desk and do it today or tomorrow.

im not expecting the halcyon days to return but.... i reckon by mid year it might be harder to get a good seat if you aren't a member now or plan too prior to the season beginning.

Reply #418131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just talked to the 6ers office regarding my membership
It is up to 900 now

Reply #418569 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:59 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754