Statsheet Stuffer
Years ago

Derrick Rose to suit for morale, unlikely to play

On April 28 of last season, Derrick Rose tore his ACL and hasn't played in an NBA game since. The Chicago Bulls, without Rose, earned the fifth seed in the Eastern Conference and defeated the Brooklyn Nets in the first round. One game into the second round, the Bulls hold a one-game lead over the defending champion Miami Heat.

Now, the Bulls may have Rose back on the bench with his uniform on, according to Hoopsworld’s Alex Kennedy.

Word out of Chicago is that Rose may suit up for Game 3, which will be played this Friday. Suiting up doesn’t guarantee that Rose will play, but being in uniform on the bench rather than donning a suit would be a step forward for the 24-year-old.

Considering all of the ailments that the various Chicago Bulls are suffering — Kirk Hinrich’s calf, Luol Deng with meningitis, and Joakim Noah’s plantar fasciitis — having Rose back in uniform would be a huge boost.

It looks like Rose would only be used in emergency situations, but Game 3 would be in Chicago in front of the home crowd. The emotional boost the team would receive from the roar of the crowd at the United Center would be just as helpful as Rose’s athletic abilities, especially considering the opponent.

Rose has been cleared to play for the last two months, but he still hasn’t seen the court despite hinting at a possible return on multiple occasions. He has been practicing with the team, including full contact, full court activities.

It hasn’t been said whether or not he will suit up for sure in Game 3, but it’s beginning to look like a real possibility.

Source: Sportscity.com

Topic #31606 | Report this topic

Jonno  
Years ago

would be awesome if he does.

Rose is an amazing player, missed watching him this season.

Would be a fairly tail if Rose returns, Bulls beat Heat and maybe win the title!

Any other circumstance i want LeBron to win it, also a big fan, so loving the Bulls - Heat Match up, but would be happy for the Bulls to if he doesnt.

Reply #417763 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

doubt it will happen

Reply #417768 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

They seem to be playig pretty well...don't know if Rose coming in cold after a year out will be a benefit or upset the balance.

If they use him as a backup off the bench to add spark could be a good move

Reply #417770 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Yeah you risk undercutting Nate's contributions and rendering him ineffective. Or Rose could come back like Jordan did in his second year and go on a tear.

Never know until it happens.

Reply #417771 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I believe Ingles13. He is always spot on. He knows what he is on about.

Reply #417772 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think saying "Back for Game 3" is a bit of a stretch. Would believe something like that when it's on ESPN. Likely just linkbait otherwise and the original topic title is misleading IMO.

Reply #417774 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Isaac, I thought I put a question mark at the end of the title. Mustn't have checked it before submitting.

Reply #417779 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Jordan had 15 or so games before he had his 63 point game against Boston.

Reply #417789 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

*Trivial yes, but I personally do think he will play; "unlikely to play" in the title is an edit.

Reply #417800 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:42 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754