Gary
Years ago

SEABL Club Budgets

Team Budgets
Highhest to lowest my guess. Please correct.
And who is overacheaving or under performing?

Bendigo
Geelong
Mt Gambier
Knox
Dandenong
Sandringham
Nunawading
NW Tassie
Hobart
Frankston
Albury
Brisbane
Canberra

Topic #31620 | Report this topic

Ae  
Years ago

Just wondering how much is a SEABL clubs budget?

Reply #417971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

geelong does not have anywhere near the money people think. they rent the arena and get nothing but the gate on game nights. no bar no canteen. their imports obviously paid but outside of that i would be surprised if the team even gets close to most of the other organisations.
Bendigo with the highest budget for mine, then daylight, but i would have thought teams getting players to relocate eg Albury, NW Tassie and those with NBL talent, Ballarat, Mt Gambier and Knox ( i know Carter is ex NBL) would have to be paying some kind of coin?
Thoughts

Reply #417974 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Just a guess...but 2 imports or a few NBL guys automatically puts you near the top of the list.

The hardest thing to judge is what the "local" talent gets as some teams would be giving token amounts and others petrol money so that makes it tough to read.

Bendigo
Mt Gambier
Knox
Geelong
Dandenong
Ballarat
NW Tassie
Hobart
Canberra
Sandringham
Albury
Frankston
Nunawading
Brisbane

Reply #417980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Knox only signed Carter on a short term deal - he plays this weekend for them before leaving for overseas next week:

*Carter starred in the loss to the Gunners and will suit up for the Raiders' matches against Hobart Chargers and North-West Tasmania in Tasmania this Friday and Saturday night.

But he will travel to Sweden next week and is uncertain of returning to the Raiders.*

So would he be on much for his few games, or would he have looked at is an opportunity for match fitness before going overseas?

Reply #417981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Canberra had to get out their chequebook this year. Albury likely did the same thing last year but they didn't spend as much as Bendigo have done this year given the movement of a certain import guard.

I doubt many clubs are getting away with spending less than a $50K operating budget & the big programs are likely more than double that.

Reply #417983 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Nice guesswork, anyone have any facts?

If we are to judge by imports and off season NBL players Mt. Gambier would be top of my list, Geelong has two imports but no current NBL players I am aware of. I don't think they are paying anywhere near the amount that some other clubs budgets can cover...

Seems these lists are very subjective, following the theory of success = money IMO!

Can someone bring in some facts.....?

Reply #417999 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Estimate on costs for player type might give you a better idea....that said these are guess work as 1 or two imports might get a little more cash and a few guys might be paid more moving to a regional team plus the costs the regional teams pay for housing etc.

Imports - $30K + House, Car etc
Current NBL - $10K-$25K (Regional Teams inc House/Car)
Better SEABL players $5k to 15K
Others: Petrol Money or nothing

Reply #418025 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think many imports are on less than 30

Reply #418036 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Difficult to assess, isn't it...?

Such a broad range of dollars in that estimate TW, although it will be on the mark in some instances there is so much variation.

Also, how do we assess a car and accomodation, obviously it is just the use of a car and cheap rent or bunking down with a sponsor family I would think?

Reply #418048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Purely guessing based on anecdotal evidence combining Men and Women so overall budget:

Bendigo
Geelong
Kilsyth
Knox
Dandenong
Nunawading
Sandringham
Ballarat
NW Tassie
Hobart
Mt Gambier
Frankston
Albury
Brisbane
Canberra

Reply #418057 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

I know the Canberra, Nunawading & Brisbane have very limited budgets....hence only 1 import....but i'm thinking Canberra a paying Gynes, Dowdell, Joyce so might be higher than so guys think.

Reply #418078 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Tigerwatcher is on the money for salaries.30k would be for a top end import and you halve that for bottom end. The other figures are correct.

Reply #418099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nunawading have a bigger budget than that, women over 45k, men over 120k.

Reply #418100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There are definitely several big Melbourne clubs spending over $100K.

Reply #418117 | Report this post

Go for it  
Years ago

Geelong would have to be up there for the women's team, Blicavs on big money from what I hear.

Reply #418120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All clubs who have two imports would be paying 100 grand plus for players. All major Vic Metro clubs (Knox / Kilsyth / Frankston / Dandy / Nunawading) and Bendigo / Hobart / Mt Gambier / Geelong would be biggest spenders. Brisbane & Gunners easily the lowest. Miners a close third in under spending.

I expect most teams in 2014 to further try and cut costs. 1 import may become the norm..

Reply #418128 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Every team is paying ok coin for players 1-3 (Imports/NBL) but its 4-8 that can be hard to gage as some guys would be on good money whislt others just petrol money.

Reply #418154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mt Gambier this year woud be spending the most.

Reply #418155 | Report this post

Anon12  
Years ago

Does SEABL actually have a team salary cap as per the NBL?

Reply #418190 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Mount Gambier very low budget.One only cheap but developing import, South Ausies playing in own state. Guys wanting to play together.Dont have to spend big to have success.

Reply #418197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Allen and developing (poor) import. coaches son, 2 former NBL players. They travel with 14? on the road. not cheap at all.
SEABL dont have a salarycap afaik.

Reply #418212 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Some teams only travel with 9 players and a coach!

The team manager & assitant coach stay at home!

I think Sandy, Nunawading, Brisbane, Canberra & Ballarat travel as above so unless they save the money for players must have a smaller budget.

Reply #418231 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kilsyth have lowered their spending considerably this season. Bridgewater isn't earning that much - cheapest import in SEABL I believe

Reply #418264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bridgewater's money is going to Lang & McMillan. Both on north of 15 large a season.

Reply #418296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Add Masunda in that mix too.

Reply #418329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More like Garfield Blair's money is going to those guys.

Reply #418356 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:58 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754