den33
Years ago

Aaron Bruce to Cairns?

"The Kings released combo-guard and one-time Boomers world championship guard Aaron Bruce who is expected to sign with Cairns Taipans."

any more to that?

along with Brother Shaun Bruce?

Topic #31628 | Report this topic

moo moo  
Years ago

not sure we need him. his brother will take Kerry Williams spot. unless grabau retires then that would be great..

Reply #418063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could he be basically replacing Brad Hill? slide Gliddon to sf? Stendl back up sg/sf

Wilson/S.Bruce
A.Bruce/Steindl
Gliddon/Grabau
Loughton/Import
Tragardh/?

Could be decent, especially if they get 2nd import right.

Reply #418081 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Just keep him away from the corporate support?

Reply #418085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, he'll hate all those celebrities courtside in Cairns.

Reply #418090 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Aaron Bruce on Twitter>Home and Away

Reply #418104 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

mmmmmmmmmmmmm

jury out!!

Reply #418110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Neville to Cairns

Reply #418158 | Report this post

moo moo  
Years ago

Neville wants too much money.unless he takes a pay cut..heres hoping.

Reply #418246 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

I really don't want Luke Neville. We need someone whom can defend the paint and rebound!

If we get A. Bruce, we won't really need another scoring big.

Two energetic big guys (one aussie and one import) and we are set.

Reply #418248 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

What is Bruce's defense like btw?

Reply #418249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will Hudson would be a good fit wouldnt he?

Reply #418251 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Yeah my thoughts exactly. Not even half way through last season I wanted that guy. Plain and simple, you don't want guys like Loughton and Tragardh (especially Tragardh) in charge of shutting down the paint.

Reply #418257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Luke Neville priced out of the NBL market?

To me if im a NBL coach/gm im not paying mvp money for him, id rather have Will Hudson, Hudson will score a little less, rebound and defend better and cost potentially half as much, better pick up imo.

Neville is ok, but a poor rebounder for someone of his size, we dont really have a guy like Bradtke or Rogers a big guy who gets good rebounding numbers in the NBL anymore.

Reply #418267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pledger and Crosswhite both averaged 12 boards per 40 minutes last year, that's better than Rogers and not too far behind Bradtke. The league is just too quick for big guys to play 40+ minutes like they used to.

I like Nevill to Cairns, if Fearne can get Tragardh to rank 8th in boards imagine what he could do with big Luke!

Reply #418277 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

i like Nevill to Cairns because he is a shot blocker/changer.
rebounds aside,the rate at which we were scored against in the paint was astounding.
that last game against the tigers i think it was something like 44 of their 66 points scored in the paint......ffs.
a presence in the defensive paint and second chance opportunities is whats needed in Cairns.

Reply #418298 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very true, and Fearne has a good containment system that wont see him exploited on the perimeter as much.

Reply #418300 | Report this post

#45 hoops  
Years ago

i like aaron bruce, its a bit of a shame he's not on sydney anymore.
Btw, does anyone know the current situation with henry??

Reply #418308 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

anon- Nevill got hung out to dry in townsville.
the coach was benching him because of his lack of foot speed on the pick and roll 20feet from the ring,ffs he is 7foot2 and does need protection in some areas.....that being one of them.

Reply #418310 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:22 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754