your telling the story....

Reply #418398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow boris what a witty response!

Reply #418401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh and it's you're. Glad you're not telling a story as it would be full of mistakes.

Keep trying though. Nearly got through four words. Also witty comebacks require wit. Just some advice.

Reply #418402 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

This thread gave me aids

Reply #418411 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hard to catch it twice.

Reply #418417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is boris related to ingles? Could there be a bigger douche than ingles on here

Reply #418426 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

yes,situation

Reply #418427 | Report this post

El douche

Reply #418429 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Now up

Reply #418543 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

See in under 14 boys Sturt did a real good job of pushing eastern

Reply #418573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

U14 Sturt boys after being told they weren't going to Classics, having pretty average posts about them and the coach went out Friday with guts and determination. With only 3 fit players, they were walking wounded and played with the skill and passion that in the last 6 seconds falling short of a victory over a very good Mavs team. Yes that's right the team that most people thought weren't capable mixing with the top teams were on fire!

Amazing the game of basketball isn't it? - and great to see the U14 competition truly exciting and unpredictable? You just never know?

Reply #418609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But in the end they are still second bottom with one win!

Reply #418614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The bigger question is what is Sturt doing to their younger kids for them to keep having so many unfit players?!?!

Reply #418616 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Neil Craig ran their Pre-season program?

Reply #418618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Most U14 players are very fit and no exception with the Sturt side, injuries happen and in this instance is not due to being unfit?

yes in the end they are still second to bottom for the moment however that wasn't my point - every team deserves praise if they preform very very well- irrespective if your top, middle or last! if they have achieve an excellent result they should be congratulated - Be positive instead of dribbling negative responses that aren't relevant to what I have just stated. Come on really? your a better person than that?

Reply #418880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For and against ratio is far more relevant to a teams performance if you want to scrutinise a team, sure might be losing just can't quite finish, dropping leads etc is only a development thing, being thrashed week in week out is a lot different, not defending Sturt or the 14's more than happy to see people hang shit on Sturt and it's program but question the relevance.

Reply #418893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The fact that sturt boys teams tends to be slipping back year on year at U14 level it will now test the capabilities of their program and coaches to actually develop players.

Success builds success and with average coaching and development you can still have successful teams if you start ahead of the pack. Now Sturt have some ordinary teams coming through what will their capabilities be like in developing with limited talent????

WIll their U14 team slip further backwards as the move through the age groups or get better???

Reply #418897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon, as a parent in this group we all understand what you're saying. And yes every team that plays to their best level deserves to be praised.

The dilemma you face in this forum is you have posters from other clubs whom have had to deal with the arrogance, abuse of power, poaching, grandstanding and propaganda and lies for years from a small number of your coaches and members.

That doesn't sit well with people from other clubs who will see this teams results as a failure for a club which sets very high standards.

Reply #418898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This time last year Sturt were in the same posititon.

They then made the GF and nearly won by the end of the season.

Reply #418904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Development is measured in years, not months. What will the Sturt U16s be like in 2013/14?

Reply #418906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well they were top for most of under 12's, added some players to improve further and are now 9th, so I'd be worried where they will be by under 16's.

Centrals, Eastern and South players are improving faster. (Southern good too!)

Reply #418915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt were never in same position last year at all. They were clearly second pretty much all season behind Centrals who were clearly the best team.

This year looking at their ladder position, they surely aren't in the mix to be mentioned with south, eastern and centrals which is good for the competition.

Reply #418918 | Report this post

Go for it  
Years ago

Are we really talking about u/14s like this.
Thank god my kids play in Victoria .

Reply #418926 | Report this post

Clydetheglide  
Years ago

I think you all need to read what you have written today. How can we as a basketball fraternity gloat over the performance of a group of 12 and 13 year old kids!!!!! I am a parent from another club and yes have issues with the way some minor sections of Sturt conduct themselves. But if we all look deeply within our own clubs I'm sure there are aspects we are not proud of. But our kids should never carry that burden. These Sturt kids are no different.

Grow up all of you.

Reply #418928 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clyde, harden up.

I checked the discussion above and it's not even really about the kids, it's about the level of service that service based organisations are providing their participants, the output of the service is results and improvement in the kids.

No one should get on here and bag kids but a healthy debate on the quality of services provided, what works and what doesn't is all good.

I think clubs generally need to take their business alot more seriously. They need to look at themselves as a business and understand there is nothing wrong with holding those delivering services (even volunteers) accountable for their efforts, skillsets, decisions and outcomes. Go to the states, check out soccer in Europe junior development of athletes in sports is a serious business.

Keep the healthy discussions and debate coming, the information helps me pick a club for my kids when they startup.

Kids, you just go out and enjoy the game!!!

Reply #418989 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:26 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754