Bizzy
Years ago

Spurs vs Suns, Game 5 (spoilers)

The Spurs have just beaten the Suns 101 - 95 to advance to the Championship to face either the Heat or the Pistons.

Duncan top scored for the Spurs with 31 points, 15 boards and 4 assists.

While for the Suns Amare racked up 42 points, 16 boards and 2 assists.

I think this proves that it doesn't matter how much a team can score (suns) if you don't play D you won't win in the finals.

Topic #3165 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

Good point, the tempo of finals to way different to the tempo of regular season games. Playoffs are all about scrapping and tuff-arsed defence, hence the Pistons last year.

I was surprised by the series, I thought it would of gone to 7.

Manu for Finals MVP, or maybe Wade is the heat get past the pistons/

Reply #36533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks for screwing that one up for those of us who will watch it tonight !! You could've bloody written Spurs v Suns or something. Thanks again.

(Mod: Changed topic name. Sorry I didn't get to it in time before. Bizzy, take note -- generic topic name, and spoilers note please.)

Reply #36534 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Sorry anon - wasn't like it was ever going to be a series anyway.

Reply #36570 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

The Hammer would be happy

Reply #36589 | Report this post

dirk rules  
Years ago

hey it was a good series. if joe was there for the first two it wooda bin closer. also with richardson with his nee that took out alot of the perimetre game for the suns. next yr will be different

Reply #36769 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:48 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754