Isaac
Years ago

Hawks keep Forman, Davidson and Gruber

Great to have @Big_Laz and @DGruber42 back with the Hawks in 2013/14 hawks.com.au/article/id/lz2... #countmein #stronger
Forman mentioned his re-signing the other day on Twitter.

Boti notes that makes six players locked in.

Martin/?
?/Demos
?/Coenraad
Forman/Gruber
Davidson/?

Topic #31651 | Report this topic

paul  
Years ago

Would love to see them get Will Hudson if the Breakers look elsewhere.

Reply #418549 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Hawks going for an import guard. Either combo or PG depending on Rhy's health.

Aussie swing man to replace Sav.

At this stage it's likely just 1 import this season

Reply #418551 | Report this post

psycho  
Years ago

It would be no surprise to see Stephen Weigh end up at the gong I agree they might go one import

Reply #418553 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

An eight man rotation of:

Davidson
Forman
Weigh
Import
Martin

Gruber
Coenraad
Demos

That would be pretty competitive assuming the 2 guard is of similar quality to the rest of the starters. An upgrade on Demos that can play the 1/2 is another huge necessity I think. Any idea if Mirko Djeric will be back playing for the Hawks? Would be nice to see him have another run. Wouldn't mind throwing him some decent minutes under Geordie.

Reply #418556 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could they get a cheap 2nd import, would a SEABL type be willing to play for min salary, assuming points cap isnt an issue?

Reply #418560 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I agree Massingale would be helpful if they wanted a cheap 2nd import.

Reply #418562 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yea CJ would be handy for many teams imo, and many other SEABL top imports could do ok imo, especially if your asking them to be a 6th man type role not expecting them to be the 'star'.

To me that Hawks team would look better with a scoring guard from the SEABL eg CJ or Fergusson in the line up, even if it is off the bench, both would surely be as good or better than Demos, and if min salary nothing to lose, wont get a better Aussie for less.

To me its a low risk way of potentially un earthing a star, some good players have gone from doing well in SEABL to doing well in NBL, Redhage being the best example from SEABL to NBL star to Olympics in his career.

even Petrie and Dillon played a few very good years of SEABL before NBL and both were around starting NBL calibre straight away, they were Aussies which helps, but no reason top SEABL imports couldnt come in aswell and be decent, even if they are not stars.

Reply #418572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

assuming they can get weigh but he might be out of the price range of the hawks

I'd prob still get 2 imports like shane edwards and andrew warren pretty cheap
would give you some versitility in a few spots
and both are decent defenders and would fit into the hawks team play

Reply #418583 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yea good import suggestions, Edwards and Warren would be great for many teams, and likely affordable.

I wouldnt mind either of them in a 36ers uniform if we need a cheaper import due to salary cap.

Reply #418603 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

CJ won't get a go at Gong as he doesn't play enough D.

Only reason he was approuched mid season was due to injuries and they knew what they were getting rather than an unseen import...which is wat they had to go with in the end due to immagration

Reply #418605 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Looks like the only time we will see Oscar Forman in Adelaide is when he is playing against Adelaide.

Reply #418611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Certainly looks like they're making room for Weigh. If they don't go for an import in the 3 spot, any thoughts on who else besides Stevie could fill that gap?

Reply #418617 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Would like to see Weigh and Hurdle at the 'Gong for the right price. Great continuity going into next season as well which is fantastic for Geordie and Hawks fans.

Reply #418638 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

I'm sorry to sound negative but unless Gruber crashes the boards like he did against the Wildcats in the finals, Wollongong will have the same problem they had last year and that's rebounding and second chance opportunities. Will Hudson could be the missing piece up front and put pressure on Davidson to keep his starting spot.

Good luck to Wollongong next season and hopefully they find some cash and can use the full salary cap,

Reply #418641 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:54 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754