Bandits Fan
Years ago

Two new imports for Bandits

Not one, but two new imports for Albury/Wodonga with the Bandits releasing Eric Vann today.

Not sure who his replacement is but apparently he's already in town and will be in the lineup this weekend.

Obviously this has been in the works for a while. Shame it didn't work out with Vann but pretty obvious that something had to be done.

Topic #31670 | Report this topic

D4444  
Years ago

It's really only surprising they left it this long but no doubt the wheels were in motion on this and Momo's replacement a long time ago. Vann would be a great player in a different program I'm sure. He just wasn't what the Bandits needed.

Reply #418766 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

I watched Vann play in Brisbane on Saturday night.

Had an awesome start to the game and had something like 14 first quarter points, including an incredible jam on two Spartans driving from the right side of the key.

Was relatively quiet the rest of the game, not sure if it was because he didn't get the ball, or the Spartans put the clamps on him or something else. Anyway, I thought he was quite decent for an import.

Reply #418794 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

Border Mail article about the sacking:
http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/1502469/bandits-dump-vann/?cs=10

I think Vann's comments are pretty much on the mark. He was a bit of a square peg in a round hole with the Bandits' offence.

Reply #418800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Square peg in the coaches offence you mean.

Reply #418804 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vann says ""My understanding is that it's the same offence as last year; but me and Jazz (Ferguson) are two different players. I feel as though they could’ve used my talents better, all my shots came from trying to find my niche in the offence."
Maybe a poor selection in light of the fact that Chalmers selected Vann to be another Jazz is the problem.?

Reply #418809 | Report this post

Bandit Fan  
Years ago

New import's name is Jermel Jenkins. He scored 41 against them in a pre-season game this year.

I totally agree with what everyone else is saying. They needed a point guard and Vann just isn't one.

If they'd played him at the two from the start of the season they might be in better shape.

In saying that, with Jazz leaving they really needed a point guard. Hopefully Jenkins will be a better fit.

Reply #418818 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

They never should have let Jazz get away in the first place but that is another story.

Reply #418820 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

@D444 - They should have kept Jazz but Jazz was to expensive for them! In the end he lub can only strech the budget so far to keep 1 player

Reply #418829 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

So instead they spent it on air fares ;)

Reply #418838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe if they selected the right player in the first instance none of this would be required.

Reply #418841 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jenkins played BigV on the weekend. Had 13pts 7ass and 4 turnovers against Coriobay. Be very interesting to see how he performs in SEABL.

Reply #419080 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will his nickname be Jerker?

Reply #419099 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:15 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754