just show us
Years ago

BSA what does it do?

I know that this topic will well and truly turn pear shape and that emotions could get in the way of objective discussion. However, can anyone,please anyone tell me one good thing that BSA and it's CEO have done for the sport of basketball in SA since his appointment?

Topic #31682 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aren't the clubs looking at breaking away from BSA and managing the competition themselves? My opinion is that this would be disaster! This would disconnect the comps from the peak sporting bodies and make it irrelevent and the power would eventually move across to the bigger clubs and the smaller clubs, which have the greatest growth potential would become less relevant.

Reply #418994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BSA roster the games, court supervisors and the referee's. Umm they run a course or two a year, update sporting pulse results after the stadium attende uploads them, they moderate an average website which is moderately updated.

Probably a fair bit goes on behind closed doors, conferences, dealing with Clubs, tribunals etc.

It's not like they do nothing at all but they certainly don't promote themselves as doing anything, hence why this thread has appeared..

Not a fan of the current admin but seems complacency exists in most associations.

Reply #418997 | Report this post

music maestro  
Years ago

make sure you understand whose job is what first.

Reply #418999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ Whose job is what?

Reply #419012 | Report this post

Dr6  
Years ago

This is from the website.

The predominant functions of Basketball SA are to deliver the following:

•Development of the game through officiating, coaching, participation and promotion
•Member support services
•Organising and managing competition and services
•The provision of facilities for the sport of basketball
•Representing South Australian basketball with other state, national and international sporting bodies

I would say this would keep them busy. Issue may be more how they promote their achievements.

Reply #419013 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they dont need to promote their achievements, that is shown by the fact there is probably 600 kids playing friday nights alone, another couple of hundred on a thursday and probably the same every saturday!!

plus they organise things like the ABA, state champs, state teams etc.

i think they do a good job, sure everything is not perfect but what organisation is

Reply #419019 | Report this post

POP  
Years ago

The website info is probably an accurate crystallisation of the roles/responsibilities, but the constitution is the formal document that must set out the 'objects' - and so the roles - of the organisation and how it is structured and supposed to operate, and so should be a good starting point for understanding what it exists to do, how it is structured and how it is supposed to operate.

Whether or not an indivudual considers the structure is right, or the organisation is working well or doing a good job are totally different - and highly subjective - issues.

Reply #419020 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:59 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754