music maestro
Years ago

Lightning 2013/14

so from what i understand they have signed 8 so far ?

IMO (and Im just a supporter in the stands) we need an international to fill suzy's spot and probably another big time player to have a chance of keeping up with the other teams - if not a middle of the road season awaits...

Topic #31694 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Fire took Suzi so the Lightning should look at signing Adair.

Reply #419173 | Report this post

POP  
Years ago

A point guard with good awareness and passing skills would help!

Someone with 'up' side instead of Jo hill would have been useful too, but that's done, unfortunately.

Reply #419244 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Jess Adair was waived by the Minnesota Lynx today for health reasons. If she can get herself right over then I think she'd be a good get for a WNBL team, and from her perspective it would probably be a good and familiar lead-in to another crack at a WNBA gig next year. She's certainly good enough when healthy.

Reply #419250 | Report this post

music maestro  
Years ago

we need a quality tall just to match up against the others.

sandrine gruda on my wishlist

Reply #419252 | Report this post

music maestro  
Years ago

or yelena leuchanka but our best bet might be a statesider or the tall from brazil ?

Reply #419254 | Report this post

music maestro  
Years ago

of course we could always ask what delle donne is doing ......

de souza was the brazillian i was on about..

Reply #419255 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

I'd say you're dreaming with all of those options. Great gets, but all bar Elena are already on fat Euro contracts aren't they? As Elena will be if she wants it.
Particularly big ask to get European stars down under. Americans a much more realistic bet.

Reply #419258 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As long as Marino is starting PG & Buckle is the HC the Lightning won't be challeging for anything in 2013/14!

Reply #419397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And without Marino there wouldn't be a lightning team, don't forget whose daddy has the money. I personally thought buckle has been much better at dealing with her than previous coaches.

Reply #419407 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

What league and where are lightning from?

Reply #419623 | Report this post

music maestro  
Years ago

wnbl australian womens league - lightning is in adelaide , south australia

Reply #419634 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:34 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754