anonymous
Years ago

Cedric Jackson Nba Player or Not

Well is He?

Topic #31696 | Report this topic

Tornado  
Years ago

Not at the moment but potentially. In my opinion he needs to develop a more consistent 3 point shot and convert at a much better clip from the line.

I'd expect to see him in the NBL with the Breakers next season....which is a good thing for the NBL.

Reply #419190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Like Gaze & Carfino said during the playoffs he needs a jump shot before he'll ever get back into the NBA again.

NBL/Euro minor-league is about his ceiling IMO.

Reply #419191 | Report this post

Rashad  
Years ago

Nope.

Even though he was the NBL's MVP, he isn't consistent enough, especially from the ark. Put him up against the likes of Chris Paul, Russell Westbrook, etc (the list goes on) he wouldn't stand a chance. He is great entertainment for our league, and we should be trying to keep his talent in the NBL. He would probably give the european league a good crack and stand out but i can't see him lasting in the NBA very long.

Reply #419195 | Report this post

Cats82  
Years ago

Would not mind to see him in a differnt team, just to see how he will go. Easy when u got great company in vukona had boucher and t.a. He is up there

Reply #419196 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Defensively, IMO he would more than hold his own in the NBA. Great food speed, good anticipation, communicates and most of all is committed to playing defense.

Yes, he would struggle with shooting the ball, with defenders simply going under the screen daring him to shoot.

But has crazy potential to really excell in the NBA transition/fast break game as he loves playing up and down the court.

Would rack up the assists as well!!

Reply #419200 | Report this post

psycho  
Years ago

Not NBA quality in my opinion but clearly the NBL's best player right now. Curious to see how he would go against patty mills

Reply #419203 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I agree, needs a jumpshot for an NBA Contract.

I hope he signs on for 3years in NZ and runs the point for the Tallblacks.

Jackson, T Webster
Penney, C Webster
Abercrombie, TeRangi
Vukona, Fotu
Pledger, Loe

That team would be at least competitive with the Boomers and have a great shot if Loe slipped down to PF and Adams made himself available.

Reply #419223 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

Hopefully he stays with the breakers for a long time and when Kirk Penny comes back, the dynasty will continue to flourish (not that it won't before then!!)! Jackson to Penny for threeeeee!

Reply #419259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not NBA quality in my opinion but clearly the NBL's best player right now. Curious to see how he would go against patty mills
-----------------------

He kept Mills to 6/17 shooting and 5 turnovers and Mills had to be shifted off him defensively in the first quarter and Dillon moved onto him.

Reply #419265 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Forget a jump shot, that would be nice, but if you're a fringe NBA guard you need to be 80% from the stripe or its a no.

Reply #419271 | Report this post

Alex  
Years ago

no

Reply #419289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His only experience in Europe was playing just 2 games for the worst team in the Italian League in the 2010-11 season.

http://basketball.eurobasket.com/team/Enel_Brindisi/1644?page=3&Stats=2011

He should try to build a good career up in Europe.

Reply #419430 | Report this post

Cell  
Years ago

I'm not saying he will play in the NBA, but it is unfair to compare him to Chris Paul. He will be not be competing for a roster spot with the best PG's in the league. Compare him to the 3rd string point guards you see.

Reply #419446 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

Who's better - Patty Mills or Cedric?

Reply #419451 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:18 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754