Rashad
Years ago

NBL Rules that you hate.

Personally I think BA need to re-think using FIBA rules and use their own rules like the NBA. The big one for me is the 10 minute quarters, this needs to go back to the 48 minute games that will bring back high scoring games, more playing time for young developing players and stars, but little things like the possesion arrow etc are annoying. bring back the jump ball, even bring back the 1and1 rule once teams are in team fouls, that keeps everyone on the edge of their seats!

Thoughts?

Topic #31698 | Report this topic

Mick  
Years ago

1. Referees favouring defenders when guarding point guards in the backcourt or athletic wings slashing to the hoop.

2. Possession arrow.

Reply #419207 | Report this post

Rashad  
Years ago

^ agreed

Reply #419211 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Possession arrow must go. Shame on whoever invented that rule.

Reply #419213 | Report this post

Hoopster  
Years ago

I agree with you all & Bring back the Jump Ball.

Reply #419214 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

FIBA introduced the arrow rule - its the worst rule change they have implemented that I can ever recall. I would be happy for the NBL to dump that one...

Reply #419216 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

I'm with Rashad !! I'll add: get refs back to calling the play by the rules, not by the interpretation or the idea of letting the game flow. Stop bastardising the rules just to keep the owners/ superstars happy.

Reply #419217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Quarters should only be 8 minutes.

Reply #419218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

put lines on the court and players must stay in their zones...

Reply #419225 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

-blocks not automatically being called goal tends.

-harsher penalties for using chairs

-48mins

-Jumpballs

-People over 7ft get an extra step, we'll call it the Pledger Rule

-No one from Home & Away in the front row.

Reply #419227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

15 minute quarters

Reply #419230 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

Bring back the JUMP BALL. It can be a great contest (small guy trying to outjump big guy), and there isn't always a reward for the guy who does the hard work and causes a turnover.

Reply #419238 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spin moves being called travels

Reply #419242 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Years ago

One of the reasons the jump ball was dumped was for double fouls. 2 guys who just belted each other then facing off in a jump ball!

And spin moves don't get called anywhere in Europe on dribble penetration/drives

Reply #419243 | Report this post

10 min qtrs should b 8 min qtrs. Just have 6 qtrs!
possesion arrow is BS
2 hands on IS a foul
Manhandling in back court is BS!!!
Getting a warning on holding the cutter before getting called is BS. Just call the damn foul!
Fouling the 3 shooter & daring the ref to call over & over is BS just call the damn foul!

Reply #419248 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Actually one rule I hate:

- Refs not been more stringent on calling technical fouls

NBA is too tight.

But NBL is too lenient.

Somewhere in between would be nice.

Just infuriates me watching teams and coaches constantly whinge and complain. As a Breakers fan, I would even admit some of our players can be bad.

Goulding is a classic example -- every shot he misses or turnover he commits just has to be the refs fault.

Reply #419251 | Report this post

Raichu  
Years ago

Hii 5iive Mystro. Home and away guy can actually ball, maybe he should get a gig at the kings

Reply #419253 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spin moves werent called in NBL last season.

Reply #419261 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Definitely more game time + 6 fouls to foul out

Bring back the jump ball at start of each quarter as well as normal times and bring on the three point line.

Oh and no thank you to the Dennis Rodman/Korea rules that we heard about last season!

Reply #419274 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Definitely more game time + 6 fouls to foul out

Bring back the jump ball at start of each quarter as well as normal times and bring on the three point line.

Oh and no thank you to the Dennis Rodman/Korea rules that we heard about last season!

Reply #419275 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

6 fouls would only benefit Mika.

Reply #419280 | Report this post

Peterjohn  
Years ago

Allow the defender to take evasive action without having a foul called, in the circle under the basket.

Even better, get rid of the circle and go back to calling a charge a charge. Good players get dunks through skill and athleticism, not just because they're big, heavy and can knock their defender over. Ask Dr J, or the Alabama Slammer. They beat their defenders without having to beat them up.

Reply #419307 | Report this post

Raichu  
Years ago

There's not enough charge calls to begin with to even warrant that bloody circle. Its ugly and no big man can jam on the spot no worries like the nba. They all take a billion smurf seconds just to bend there knees.
There a rules to slow down this league, isn't already short enough in game time. 40min games are for high school kids. Might aswell just have to halves.

Reply #419308 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

What, 6 fouls? Please don't deprive us of the pleasure of singing Hit The Road Jack.

Reply #419344 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

I was watching game 3 of the 1996 NBL grand final series between Tigers and Magic and Gaze had 4 fouls midway through the second quarter and stayed on the floor, also I think it was McKinnon or Kelly had 4 fouls in the first half...

Our coaches are too conservative with 5 fouls and we miss out on seeing our best players on court, and we will still get to sing "hit the road jack" or "nananana nananana heyyyyyyyy good bye"

Reply #419553 | Report this post

psycho  
Years ago

6 fouls is fine if we go back to 48min games

Reply #419554 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:29 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754