KingJames
Years ago

Kevin Brooks Adelaide assistant coach for 3 years

Kevin Brooks is the assistant coach for the next 3 years.

Assistant Coach Article

Topic #31718 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great choice !

Reply #419570 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Great signing.

What's the worst thing that could happen to the Sixers next season? They finish last (unlikely), but at least they would do it with style!

Reply #419571 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

What will KB bring to the table? Good skills coach, motivator, developer?

Reply #419572 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Great skills coach and players love him....not know for his backend/behid the scences work but he'll be great for development and morale around the team..

Reply #419576 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Great signing, I like it.

Reply #419581 | Report this post

Dr6  
Years ago

The Wright-Brooks combo will definitely keep people watching

Reply #419584 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

good appointment, bring back some of adelaides favourite sons!

Reply #419586 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great appointment but what will happen with his roles with the Lions and STARplex.

He has had significant input into structured player development programs out there.

What about their ABL Women's side???

Reply #419587 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Brooksy has said he'll honour the ABL Women's Team in the off season of the NBL.

Reply #419588 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Anon #419587

"The fact I can retain my job there [Starplex] in a part-time capacity is great because I love it.

"In the same way, I'm going to honour my commitment to coaching the Lions' women which shouldn't be that much of a problem because the season is in the NBL off-season.

Reply #419589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great signing!

KB is a all time fav of mine and has a fair bit of coaching experience in a variaty of roles and leagues.

Hopefully Joey and KB will develop a good, entertaining game plan and if they can find imports as good as they were as players we will be in good shape!

Reply #419591 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

KB is a great guy. Really personable and cares about what he does. Hopefully this is a winning combo for the 36ers.

Reply #419602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great match for Joey - cool demeanour and complimentary skills. Similar to the role Rat played as assistant coach at Bullets and Blaze.

Reply #419618 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

Another good signing ,great man in KB ,to honour his role in NBL and the off season,now Joey can start looking for imports see what's around and get players here by September and settled into joeys style of play.cant wait to see the sixers play this season.

Reply #419628 | Report this post

Dr6  
Years ago

Credit where its due - Dean and the crew definitely aren't sitting on their hands. Stadium sorted, quality coaching panel appointed, merger with Lightning, and most players re-signed. We pick up one or two quality imports and management should give themselves a pat on the back and take a lot of credit for setting up the team with every opportunity for a successful season.

Reply #419633 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

^ Dr6 summed it up. Really excited by Wright and KB coming on-board.

Up-tempo basketball from a passionate squad is what any fan loves to watch.

Very optimistic about the next few years.

Reply #419652 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dr6, also credit to players for committing to long term deals in Adelaide, picking up their options (Creek) or extending (Gibson).

SOS and what's left of the active owners deserve a turn of luck with on court results. I thought we could do OK last year so not going to get ahead of myself this off-season, but it's a decent spot to be in.

Reply #419658 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Will the 36ers vs. Wildcats rivalry grow more fiercely in coming years?

I sure hope so

Reply #419684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Dunlap gets the Perth job, certainly.

Reply #419686 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Jack Toft, not sure how you can finish last with style.

Reply #419799 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Look like great moves to move club forward which should not be hard after having Abott and Costello for last few years.
Time now to putting extra players together before door closes on us .

Reply #419861 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:15 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754