Isaac
Years ago

Heat vs Pacers, Game 2

Great performances from Pacers starters overcomes some amazing work by LeBron and Indiana make it 1-1.

Couple of turnovers by LeBron prevented the Heat from matching game one's comeback.

Big dunk by Paul George in the third:

Looks like Andersen motions after being dunk on. Acknowledgement? Hard to tell.

At the very end of the video though, LeBron acknowledges George. Couple of YouTube comments note "Jordan would never have done that." and imply that LeBron is soft.

Screw that. We're humans and basketball players are fans of their own game like the rest of us. It's perfectly decent to see someone appreciate a move, even by the opposition. Doesn't mean he's not going to go out and try to best him next time.

Topic #31756 | Report this topic

Ingles13  
Years ago

The pacers are finally getting the respect that nobody except pacers fan have showed them for the past two seasons.

Reply #420138 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

that was exciting.

Reply #420140 | Report this post

Choppy Galopy  
Years ago

Indiana are close to being scary good.

Reply #420141 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

What do you guys think about James giving George a high (middle) five after the play?

I personally don't like it. Not in the field of battle, save it for Twitter.

Reply #420143 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

One of my favourite new NBA Twitter follows is @haralabob - used to be a professional NBA gambler and poker player, and shares a lot of NBA insight.

One of his consistent remarks during the playoffs, from the beginning, has been that Paul George is a better player (all-round) for a team than Carmello Anthony. I'd say that more and more people are coming to appreciate that claim...

Reply #420144 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Ok That's funny. He watches a lot of basketball and isn't he also a professional lines maker for betting markets? It seems another prominent user has been sharing that same view for about a year aswell. I guess those that actually watche Indiana knew about George before the last two games.

Reply #420145 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Read an article saying he watches 1,000 games/year. Cutting back on his NBA bets after the Donaghy stuff.

Reply #420147 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

Awesome game..

Pacers look good with hibbert playing great as gives them so many options.
Stevenson tried giving it back to Miami for lebron to give it back to indy.

All I can say is thanks sportsbet as 4 to 1 for a indy win was great odds.

Reply #420148 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Yep, sportsbet have been very generous to Indiana fans this series! Had nice odds vs Atlanta and even better odds vs the fraudulent Knicks. Have a multi with a Mercedes pole in the f1 tonight (combined with pacers 1-10 today) that will turn $10 into $188. Looking good

Reply #420149 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

He also is a guest on the BS report quite often. Always has good insight as a gambling/betting man instead of the normal writers/reporters/analysts that Simmons co-hosts with.

Reply #420150 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

Yeah I agree Isaac, Paul George is a much better player on a team than Melo, having just turned 23 he is a superstar in the making that hasn't been getting the attention so many others do.

Regarding Lebron acknowledging Paul George, I think that shows great maturity and sportsmanship, whereas ego and too much pride will be more harmful to a teams chances (read: Melo, Kobe) than simply acknowledging great play by an opponent when a time out is called.

Reply #420152 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Lance, I guess Lebron said that he needs to take the pressure off himself, and his level of play has increased after that, so you might be into something. If it were me though, it'd be absolute game-face stuff. Dwight Howard says he plays better when playing loose so I guess it's a thing.

Btw, call me an a***hole, but I sure hope Ingles loses his multi.

Reply #420160 | Report this post

David Stern  
Years ago

Your such an annoying poster Ingles. Listen to you, your like a little girl.
Imagine in girl voice...."maybe if you watched Indiana you would know who Paul George is" and "told you he was good" " na na na I bet on sportsbet I'm so smart "
I'm loving Indianas style and would like to see them win the Championship, however now finding out that they are your team I might have to jump on the Heat.

You do my head in

Reply #420162 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

I've got it!

ingles is sitiveni's son. It explains so much.

Reply #420165 | Report this post

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

Miami will win in 6. Maybe 5. Probably 6.

Reply #420166 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

You're *
Please learn how to spell basic words before I class you as a troll. You don't have to be upset that the truths I have been preaching are now being seen to all as Indiana are on a big stage. 'David Stern', I realise you're also upset that your lakers got swept (again) but that doesn't mean you have to be bitter towards other teams who are more successful as their 'best player' isn't a selfish loser.

Reply #420168 | Report this post

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

Lame.

Reply #420173 | Report this post

Keyway King  
Years ago

I saw Lebron's acknowledgement of Paul George's great dunk on him as good sportsmanship BUT

great work Paul ..... but I'm still King... here's a huge three point dagger to close the quarter!! I'm still the man!

Long Live the King!!!

Reply #420176 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Isaac and LanceUppercut nailed it.

I loved the acknowledgement from LeBron and Paul George. Class shown by both players in the midst of a great battle.

(I wonder how many LBJ haters consider Paul George 'soft' after that...)

Shane Battier and Ray Allen will have to start hitting their open looks in order for the HEAT to steal a game back IMO.

Reply #420178 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Just watched the game tonight and enjoyed it a lot. Really interesting seeing two polar opposite teams backing their own game style to prevail. Reminds me of the '84 LA-Boston finals in that respect.

Stunning end to the 3rd quarter with George beating Lebron off the dribble and throwing the hammer down on the Birdman, before James squared the ledger with a three. I liked the appreciation Lebron showed for George's play. Nothing wrong with that as long as you are both playing to win.

Playmaker Mo, I think you're right that the Heat needs guys like Allen, Battier, Bosh, etc hitting open looks for them to win the series. I think they will though and that will probably see them home over the Pacers.

Indy are playing very well right now, but their whole game relies on them getting Hibbert and West good looks near the basket and after half-time when the Heat's D ramped up, they really struggled to consistently feed it into the post.

With George Hill looking like he is struggling with that injured toe and only DJ Augustin as his backup, you have to be worried about the Pacers backcourt holding up. Paul George can only do so much and if he is forced to play point guard for most of the series they will be in trouble.

I hope they take the Heat down, but I think they'll lose in 6 games. What will be very interesting though is if the Pacers can get a quality PG in the off-season. They have Danny Granger to dangle as bait and will have a little bit of wiggle room under the cap...

Reply #420182 | Report this post

David Stern  
Years ago

Yes i am upset, im just so used to winning titles supporting Kobe.Won't be upset next year when Chris Paul moves to the Lakers. And just so you know Ingles I have watched these Pacers more than you. I understand Basketball (unlike you) i dont need to scour the internet looking for quotes from analysts to make an argument. I've said it many times before I love the NBA and have no room to HATE like you you little piece of shit.

Also James Harden is in the all NBA 3rd team for a reason.

You know YOUR a loser when every poster wrecks you Grammar Boy.

Now go cry yourself to sleep little man

Reply #420196 | Report this post

David Stern  
Years ago

Ingles in post #145 you spelt watched wrong

Reply #420197 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Did you really spell you're* wrong to troll or are you just that stupid? But lol @ the rest of your post. Exactly why lakers fans are regarding as the dumbest sports fans in the entire world.

Reply #420243 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I believe it is people who make huge assumptions of opinion, suggesting they are actually stating facts based on common knowledge that are among the more idiotic among society...

Common sense is not alway so common Ingles13, please spare me mate!

Reply #420351 | Report this post

David Stern  
Years ago

Did you really spell you're* wrong to troll or are you just that stupid? But lol @ the rest of your post. Exactly why lakers fans are regarding as the dumbest sports fans in the entire world.

It's regarded as grammar boy. I think you need to go back to year 10 English.

And no Chris Paul will not be in LA next season, I just know it upsets you so I wrote it.

Also I'm a Celtics fan.

Reply #420365 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:07 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754