Nathan of Perth
Years ago

Bevo has left the Wildcats

Now officially announced in member mail-out.

Topic #31781 | Report this topic

Tyrell  
Years ago

yep. confirm

Reply #420608 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

New coach announcement mid-June

Reply #420609 | Report this post

Cats82  
Years ago

Thanks for the memories bevo!! All the best! Wonder who is gona be incharge? Hope we get some one for more offence it got a bit boring watching the boyz.

Reply #420610 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Lemanis in, if the Wildcats allow him to take the reins whilst he has the Boomers as well. That was the mail a few weeks back.

Reply #420611 | Report this post

Quickie  
Years ago

American coach from what i hear

Reply #420616 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I here stacks

Reply #420618 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Im hearing there's a lot of people hearing stuff.

Reply #420620 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Mr bEn, Lemanis is not possible. He's agreed to lead the BA COE alongside his Boomers job.

I honestly thought Joey Wright would take the Wildcats job. Not sure if there is any particular reason he jumped into the Adelaide one so fast?

Reply #420621 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

intersting to know if shaun dennis was aware of this before signing with townsville. if he was, surely he could have considered it

Reply #420622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My money's on Gleeson.

Reply #420623 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

What about Mike Dunlap?

Reply #420625 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

What about Mike Dunlap?

Reply #420626 | Report this post

Rashad  
Years ago

bring back adrian hurley! or alan black. either will do the job :)

Reply #420628 | Report this post

Simo  
Years ago

Bring back the Black Pearl :-)

Reply #420631 | Report this post

FYI  
Years ago

Big money offer from China anyone else would do the same thing and cash in will the getting is good

Reply #420632 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Dennis knew before he signed with Townsville.

Reply #420633 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Alan Black did say at the Grand Final breakfast he would love to coach a Grand Final the Perth Arena..

Someone fresh to the NBL likely I think.

Reply #420636 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

perhaps Dennis didn't want to stay either?

Reply #420637 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

I wouldn't mind Phil Smyth.

Reply #420641 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

Yer i don't think dennis wanted to stay either! Other bit of info is that the players hates playing for alan black and were promised that if they won the championship he would be made to leave- and that did happen!

Reply #420655 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

A big loss to the Wildcats & the league too unless some other club creates an opening (Tigers anybody?).

Reply #420664 | Report this post

Could've put radford in! No one would've noticed!

Reply #420666 | Report this post

watto  
Years ago

The Wildcats' championship season team of 99-00 were the most attractive to watch. But i dont think Blacky will be up for being sacked a third time by the club

Reply #420669 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

So that's a no to Scott Fisher then?

Nah seriously I think this will be interesting, a new coach comes in knowing his team are already defensively motivated, so hopefully we can get someone that can help with our shooting and we will make another playoff run.

I'm looking forward to this, don't let us down Nick Marvin

Reply #420672 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"The Wildcats' championship season team of 99-00 were the most attractive to watch."

It's interesting you say that because they played a slower, more dour style of basketball and scored less ppg than last year's team.

The difference could have been there were more tight wins, the uni loonies were making the atmosphere awesome, and after a 50% win-loss the season before their dominance was unexpected.

Reply #420678 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Correct there paul - that 99/00 team probably had the least expectation to win anything since the early 80's, and they did it with a number of very close games. Plus it was the start of a resurgence of basketball in Perth (uni loonies, lachy reid, James Harvey and Paul Rogers emerging as the next generation of stars, atmosphere back etc...) Bit of a fairy tale type season thats quite rare for any sports club.

Reply #420744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bevo did an interview on 6pr last night talking about how he was never actually offered a contract to stay at the cats.
http://www.6pr.com.au/blogs/6pr-perth-blog/bevo-wanted-to-stay-a-wildcat/20130529-2ncgi.html

Reply #420782 | Report this post

watto  
Years ago

Probably statistically throughout the season they weren't that consistent but with the players they had they made sure they peaked at the right end of the season. Timmons tore apart the Gf and with grace, harvey, fisher and rogers it was a very good team to watch. Apart from rogers they could all shoot the three consistently. I remember quite a few grace-rogers and grace-timmons alley-oop dunks in that year. How many of those type of plays in recent wildcats teams?

Reply #420863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That GF was incredibly ugly, especially the second game in Perth. Timmons was the only one who emerged above the WWF wrestling for his burst that won the game.

Reply #420915 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:16 am, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754