PlaymakerMo
Years ago

13/14 Wildcats Import(s)

Correct me if I'm wrong: the Wildcats have 47 player points committed to M.Knight, S.Redhage, D.Martin, J,Wagstaff, G.Hire & E.Bartlett for next season.

Bevo and Lisch have reportedly said today they won't be returning to the Wildcats next season, and
it has been suggested that the club is looking at an import guard to cover for Damian Martin during his injury recovery.

Can the Wildcats realistically go with two imports? And considering the gaping hole in the guard spots without Martin, can the club can afford to go with Michael Dunigan as their single import?

Topic #31786 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bevo leaving clears up some points!

Reply #420667 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

If one of the imports aren't fresh off the boat and already rated down then I can see it being possible..

Martin (9)/Rookie (1)
*Hurdle (9)/Bartlett (4)
Hire (6)/Ellis (3)
Redhage(10)/Wagstaff(8)
Knight(10)/ *Dunigan (10)

= 70

Development players Field/Purser picking up the slack while we wait for Cody to finish school. Redhage and Wagstaff possible to play spot back up minutes at the 3 anyway if we go big.

Knight and Dunigan working in tandem like Knight and Nevill did a couple years ago, works well keeping minutes low on the big bodies hopefully leading to an injury free season. Also possibility to real big and play them both at the same time with Redhage or Wagstaff at the 3.

Only risk is a rookie back up PG but with Hurdle (or Massingale?) able to play some back up PG anyway should be an OK risk to take.

Minutes wise:
Martin (30)/Rookie (5)/*Hurdle (5)
*Hurdle (25)/Bartlett (15)
Hire (25)/Ellis (10)/Redhage(5)
Redhage(20)/Wagstaff(20)
Knight(20)/ *Dunigan (20)

Reply #420668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

alexkrad - i think you will find Purser (not sure about Field) is a couple of months older than Ellis so would be too old to be a DP considering Ellis is apparently too old.

Reply #420670 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

So does anybody think its too large a risk to bring in Scott Christopherson?

The bloke can apparently shoot the lights out and he would become accustomed to the physicality with people like Wagstaff around and he is what 6 points?

But I'd love to have Hurdle here instead but will he still have his incredible leap after he recovers from his knee injury?

Dunks from Hurdle and Dunigan, things are looking more entertaining already

Reply #420675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bruce to Perth

Reply #420685 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ellis just fits under the DP rules you will find.

Reply #420695 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Yeah Cody and Ben are both 1990.

Developemnt player rule is they must be 18-23 at the 31st of Decemeber of the year the season starts.

Reply #420696 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

I know Field and Purser can tear the WA SBL apart, but I honestly have no confidence in their ability to take on larger roles at NBL level. Just haven't seen it through the last year. They got a lot of minutes during blow-outs and still generated almost nothing.

Reply #420699 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

"Bruce to Perth"

hahahahahahhahahahaha

Reply #420700 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

^^

I dunno, TS, it should be safe, I don't think we have any soap opera starlets in our courtside seats :D

Reply #420704 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Would rather have Carter back than Bruce.

Reply #420717 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Shame that we haven't made an offer to Carter.

I wonder what people have been saying to Marvin about the experience at the Arena this last year. I think he's been very unhappy about the marketability of the game style. Winning helps but it isn't everything.

Reply #420726 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could get Massingale as a 7 point player.Good value

Reply #420731 | Report this post

psycho  
Years ago

Any idea how long Martin will be out? We definitely need a new shooting guard, with martin out they could get import pg to fill in?

Reply #420740 | Report this post

Silencer83  
Years ago

AlexKrad, the rule is actually under 23 on the 30/04/20XX (ie the end of the season)

Reply #420831 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth wont be anywhere nere as good next season.

Reply #420861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Strongly disagree with anon above perth will make 28th straight playoffs and contend for a title.

Reply #422848 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:18 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754