Anonymous
Years ago

LBJ VS MJ

Are people just trolling when they LBJ is better than MJ or do they really believe it ?

Topic #31808 | Report this topic

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

People always get "Best" and "Greatest" mixed up.

Lebron is the "Best" all around player ever, better than Jordan, if they were to match up looking at his superior size combined with his skill it's obvious. He's the most versatile player we've seen who defends the 1,2,3 or 4 man depending on who the best player is which doesn't get enough of a mention. Could Jordan have defended Derek Rose at the point then Nowitzki the following night? Jordan had a better jump shot and was more of a killer but overall when matched up, Lebron wins every other category. 2 inches taller, 30kg heavier and yet equally as athletic.

Jordan is the "Greatest" player due to his profile, success and turning the game of basketball global. The 90's was his and that was in the heart of the internet boom so his status will never be matched. Even if Lebron wins 6 rings and twice the MVP's he still won't be called the greatest.

Reply #421045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So they are trolling !

Reply #421050 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Get real Anon, ask a 60 year old he'll say Oscar or Wilt, Ask a 45 year old he'll say Magic, ask a 30 year old it's Jordan, ask anyone under 20 and it's Lebron.

Reply #421052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My next question was ' how old are you ' but thanks for answering it for me . Time for bed young one .
Anyone between 60yrs old and 30yrs old that wouldn't say MJ ?

Reply #421053 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

I'm actually 32 and grew up living and breathing basketball since the boom began when i was 8, i'm a Pistons fan because of it.

I've been coached by many elder's of the game now well over 50 and i now coach 17-22 year old's myself, i've heard this discussion with many different people.

Here's the conclusion:
Going by stats, Wilt wins hands down.
Going by impact on the sport or greatness, it's MJ.
Going by how they match up on strength's and weaknesses, it's Lebron.

Reply #421054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ok young one without all the pie charts who do YOU think is the best/greatest/goat ?

Reply #421056 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

I've said it, Greatest is MJ for numerous reasons, not just on court, who is the best is a different argument.

Answer me this, Miami of now vs Chicago of then, forget who wins because it's Chicago unless Miami can win the next 4 titles. Lets say for argument sake LBJ and MJ match up for 48 minutes per game, all 7 games.
Can LBJ guard MJ? better than anyone else who ever walked on a court, but MJ would still be effective. Can MJ Guard LBJ? No.

Reply #421058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you saying greatest is the best or best is the greatest ??
Sorry us old folks don't understand you young bucks .
one word answer , is it LBJ or MJ ?

Reply #421060 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

MJ is the greatest basketball player and one of the Greatest sportsmen of all time, in the same league as Ali, Pele and Bradman.

Is Lebron James a more talented, physically gifted athlete and a better player on court? I think yes.

Is Lebron a bit of a flog who lacks substance, showed no loyalty and hasn't had enough success to be compared to the greats? yes.

If LBJ were to end up with 8 rings and 10 MVP's will people think he is the best basketballer of all time? Majority yes.

Would people then call him the greatest and able to be compared with Ali as MJ is? No.

Do you get my point?

Reply #421062 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry mate what was your point ?
oh .. I have just realising that maybe im the one trolling at this point .
but then again I did ask for a one word answer and you gave me another 1000 word essay .
young kids these days always wanting to be heard .

Reply #421063 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

So old man, who wins the matchup within the series? LBJ or MJ?

Reply #421064 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do you realise that if this was ever to happen in magical fairy land that they wouldnt match up on each other ( 90's Bulls and todays Heat) . MJ vs Wade , LBJ vs Pippen . Please don't tell me that this series would even be close .

Reply #421065 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Covered that, Chicago wins.

Forget other players, LBJ and MJ actually match up in the series, who gets the better of that matchup?

Reply #421066 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MJ wins , goodnight young mate

Reply #421067 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Lol, you either have no knowledge of X's and O's or you're too stubborn to give the correct answer, i think the later... Goodnight Anonymous.

Reply #421068 | Report this post

Harry Hopeless  
Years ago

For Sportsmanship MJ wins.

For Arrogance LBJ wins.

They both have in place in any discussion of the greatest players of all. Like Cousy, Chamberlain, Bird, Johnson etc

Reply #421073 | Report this post

LeBron James  
Years ago

I am the greatest, that is all

Reply #421078 | Report this post

psycho  
Years ago

Lebron is on right track at this stage see what happens over next 5 years

Reply #421094 | Report this post

David Stern  
Years ago

Take away mental toughness, charisma, work ethic, marketing and look at just skill and athletacism LeBron is the greatest. He is a beast with all the tools. Lebron can't shoot like MJ but MJ didn't shoot jumpshots till he was 29 so lebron still has time.

If we roll everything into one basketball skill, mental toughness, marketing MJ is the greatest sportsman in the history of sports in any code.

MJ never lost in the finals, never went past 6 games. 92,96,97 won game 6 at home but 93,98 he won away from home in game 6 when the opponent was meant to close out at home and force game 7. LeBron couldn't win those close out games on the road like MJ.

Reply #421096 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just on the best defensive aspect that people are sprouting, Jordan won best defensive player in 1988, all defensive first team 9 times. Lebron has never won defensive player of the year but has been all first team 5 times. Just don't discount MJ's ability to defend!

Reply #421100 | Report this post

philly  
Years ago

Melbourne Boy is on the money

Reply #421102 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

Noone ever considers the obvious. LBJ LEARNT from what MJ brought to the game. Could he have created it..not a chance. When you grow up watching the best you can emulate the best, thats all LBJ is, someone copying the best and the greatest.
MJ didnt just dominate the game, he CHANGED the game.

Reply #421105 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

MJ mimicked what he saw though? He grew up trying to do the things guys like Dr J would do. Plenty of others have changed the game too, some even more so. Look at all the rules changed to stop guys like Wilt, Jordan never had that kind of impact. Lebron the most versatile? Guess never heard of Magic or Pippen.

It's a pointless argument, because there is no single greatest of all time. Unless talking greatest athlete, then that's obviously Bo Jackson

Reply #421113 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

For all you people saying Lebron isn't as much of a winner in the Finals as Jordan... How old was Jordan when he won his first ring? 28.

And how old was Lebron last year for his first ring? 27, MJ was still getting beat up by the Pistons at that point, only time will tell that one.

Defensive versatility? Could Lebron guard MJ? Better than anyone else would, he can defend the quickest 1 men and the best power 4's. Could MJ guard Lebron? No, he guarded the shooting guards and did it extremely well.

Reply #421123 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Jordan would've outsmarted LBJ. Would have got him in foul trouble early with his smarts. I don't thin LBJ has that, yet.

Reply #421128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would have loved to see how Jordan would go playing for the Cavs a few years ago. Doubt even he would have made a difference. Both players have won championships surrounded by numerous other all-stars in their team (Jordan - Pippen, Rodman, Armstrong----Lebron (Wade, Bosh).

Reply #421135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

did I just see that 'Armstrong was an All-Star' I totally had forgotten that and think he started . He was a good player but I don't think people would remember him as an All-Star .

Reply #421144 | Report this post

WestCoastWildcat  
Years ago

The point is moot for this thread really but it got me thinking about things.

I'd actually take Durant before LBJ let alone Jordan.

However, I can see and agree mostly with the points Melbourne Boy has been making.

Sometimes you can't put enough value on true big game clutch and Jordan wins this category - the most important of all imo.

Reply #421155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Armstrong was voted as an all star by the fans. Jordan still played with a great team that included Kukoc, Harper, Grant, etc.

The only time he played on a team not full of talent was the Wizards when he was old.

Reply #421157 | Report this post

Super Fan  
Years ago

LBJ is way better than MJ. If LBJ had a good supporting cast he would have won 8 NBA Titles now, can you imagine is LBJ teamed up with Shaq at his prime, no contest. LBJ could do so much more than MJ in the court it is not even fair.

Reply #424842 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:40 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754