Happy Days
Years ago

New Inter Association Concept-Your thoughts?

Media Release:
http://www.sharksbasketball.com.au/images/pdfs/Articles/Media%20Release%20-%20The%20Peninsula%20Basketball%20League.pdf

Sorry to post the link but it was probably the best way to provide info on this new competition. I'm interested to hear peoples thoughts on this concept. Does it dilute there domestic competitions and isnt this what the Vic Champs provide on a Friday night.Do parents want to drive an extra 30 minutes mid week on top of what they do on a Friday night.

Topic #31819 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I find it interesting the media release provides an invalid link to the league's (seemingly non-existent) website.

Reply #421209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ I thought the same thing about the faulty link. Not a good start. I think combining domestic competitions between associations only masks deficiencies at either or all associations involved. I agree with Happy Days, VJBL the higher standard of competition plus when you add the apparent extra travel time I think it will be short lived.

Reply #421226 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

I agree you dont do a media release if the website doesnt work. I also dont understand why there would be prize money on offer either for the senior comp.

Reply #421230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Having played domestic ball at all three of these clubs I know for a fact people don't like how some of these clubs stadiums are out of the way. Having to drive to all 3 over a season which is mid-week will see more teams decide to play at Frankston which my team eventually did. Better comp as well. Points for trying though.

Reply #421468 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

I agree. Concept is worth floating.I have 3 rep kids on my team and the parents are stretched as it is with football and basketball.They are happy to play local with there mates rather than having to drive another hour on a week night.

Reply #421503 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:09 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754