NBL Fan
Years ago

What is the Townsville Crocs Current Situation?

I am not sure what is happening up there. I think they are close but can someone give me an update. Do they meet all financial requirements?

Topic #31833 | Report this topic

G Rudd  
Years ago

Waiting on the licence to come.

Reply #421413 | Report this post

Barry  
Years ago

TheY will be in. For the long term? Unlikely.

Reply #421421 | Report this post

Actually the whole league is "up in the air" right now.

Reply #421429 | Report this post

shitiveni 13  
Years ago

Would be silly to sign coach and markovic if they not playing this season, my tip is they eventually merge with cairns and Brisbane, Wellington and south melb join to make 10 team league??

Reply #421435 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

From what the club has said, they are in the same position as the other 7 clubs: everything in place and waiting for official inclusion into the new, self-administrated NBL.

Reply #421466 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

As per their website (savethecrocs.com) they are 500k short of their foundation membership target and have reached only half of their season ticket goal. Recent reports have suggested that they have asked Townsville Council for cash and in kind support. Specifically free use of RSL stadium for admin and training purposes. However the fact that they are signing players indicates that they see themselves as a going concern. I'd say watch this space for now!

Reply #421553 | Report this post

Vladimir Putin  
Years ago

They will never merge with cairns. I doubt they will survive. Maybe 1 season.

Reply #421629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Theyre in, they have enough money to run, theyre ahead of schedule on season ticket sales, they have asked council to sponsor community programs ala Taipans. How long they last will depend on how well they are run.

Reply #421630 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:38 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754