!
Years ago

where will tess' future take her

no doubt opals - what about wnba ? europe ?

Topic #31834 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rumours I heard aint no body got time for that

Reply #421476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I do anon. Tess needs to improve her decision making and finishing skills if she wants to play a reliable scorer's role, WNBL and beyond. Forcing your way to the basket wont work against stronger defenders. As a PG , not much future.

Reply #421591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can't say I agree with the last post

She is a very smart basketballer, and makes very good decissions, though yes shooting 2 spot

Reply #421623 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

She has the talent to be the Opals starting 2 guard IMO.

First thing she needs to do is find a WNBL team where she will be playing her correct position, and where the coaches can develop her individual skills.

WNBA would be a great long-term goal. Europe I'm not so sure about. Sounds to me like it's not a very good development environment, and I'm not sure that it's that much better of a pathway to the WNBA than the WNBL is. Ultimately I think good international performances are the best way for her to get attention.

Reply #421663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

in womens bball Europe is not a development phase or pathway but ultimate destination when money can be 5 to 10 times more than WNBA for the top players.

Reply #421675 | Report this post

SamCro  
Years ago

To be honest I rate Tess a far more well rounded & higher impact player than Jarry. Tess does need to move to the 2 spot for sure & make some adjustments to her shot selection but I definetely see Tess playing in the WNBA very soon. She is a fierce competitor who does not quit!

Reply #421700 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SamCro 100%

Reply #421776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

....the catwalk

Reply #421793 | Report this post

Tmk  
Years ago

From what I hear Tess will play at the 2 spot now, esp given Bulleen have a traditional 1 guard with Nakkasoglu. Jarry will play the 3 spot - the rest will be fill ins.

Back to Tess... Her best asset is her strength and size and she handles the ball well enough to make be a PG. Tom Mahers plan was to play her at the 1 and Jarry at the 2 which would cause match-up issues for every opposing team at both ends. Unfortunately Tess's decision making skills aren't there yet (and may never be). Switching between facilitator and scorer wasn't easy for her so it just didn't work.

Will she make the WNBA? She could but she's not quick enough to guard the PGs and her height and strength at the 2-spot are nullified in the WNBA. See Jenna O'hea as an example.

Bound for Europe is my guess.

Reply #421984 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:32 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754