Ingles13
Years ago

Jason Kidd also retires

Only a few days after fellow 1995 co-rookie of the year Grant Hill retired, Jason Kidd has done the same and announced his retirement.

3rd all time in triple doubles, 3rd all time in 3PT made and 2nd all time assists

Well done Jason

Topic #31838 | Report this topic

Mick  
Years ago

First ballot hall of famer. I don't understand why lots of commentators are saying that he is not a sure fire HOF'er.

2 finals appearances, 1 championship. 17 straight post seasons appearances across a million different teams, and every team he arrives at ends up better nearly straight away.

Reply #421497 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

3 times finals appearance? 02, 03 and 2011? Although the real finals in 02 were Kings vs refs (Dick Bavetta for finals MVP)

Reply #421504 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Jason Kidd deserves a spot in the HOF.

What a legend and impressive resume.

Made a presence on each team and made them better.
Finally win a championship a couple of seasons ago.

Strong for a guard who could rebound amongst the big boys.

Regular triple double man.

Another legend lost to this game after Grant Hill the other day.

Reply #421512 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

Also second all time in steals; Didn't he also win 2 gold medals? 10 all star appearances as well, I think he is a first ballot into the HOF

Reply #421515 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

He is is the only player in NBA history with 15,000 points, 10,000 assists and 7,000 rebounds.

28 - 0 for the USA as well.

Reply #421521 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

On top of all his achievements, I find it amazing that he's 3rd all-time in 3PT makes after entering the league with a lackluster jumpshot.

The best adapt their game and refine their skills: Kidd is undoubtedly a first ballot hall of famer in my mind.

Reply #421522 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

56-0 for USA including exhibition games.

Reply #421523 | Report this post

daneo  
Years ago

Jason Kidd managed alot of his 3pt'ers in the latter half of his career because people would sag off him so didn't have to worry about his drive and dish.

Wilt and Shaq are amoung the top 20 FT made nba career and both shot at 50%!

Reply #421526 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Yeah sorry I meant two finals appearances where he didn't win but failed to communicate that...at all....

Reply #421529 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Should be automatic inclusion. Has resume speaks for itself.

Reply #421536 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

My favourite era of the NBA is nearly dead... Not many left from when the NBA wasn't a total side-show.

Old schools guys...

Reply #421544 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Yeah not many left now TR.
Have to hope the second generation are as good.

Rice, Hardaway, Curry.

Also where the hell are all of Shawn Kemp's kids now? Surely if Seattle get back in there could be a "Kemp starting 5".

Reply #421545 | Report this post

psycho  
Years ago

A great career surefire hall of famer
Awesome rebounding for his size

Reply #421573 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I think Juwan Howard is the only one left from that draft class, and he's a walking corpse.

Reply #421613 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bit sad that he went out leaving the Mavs because they were only offering him a 2 year deal, signs with NY to a 3 year deal and then retires one year into that contract.

Props though for leaving 2 years worth of money on the table but still should've never left Dallas.

Reply #421676 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:30 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754