bethdavis10
Years ago

Daniel George - "Still I Rise" Foundation

Hey guys - for anyone who isn't aware, Daniel George (former Pirates and Taipans NBL player and currently playing with Brisbane Spartans in SEABL) has recently set up a charity called the "Still I Rise Foundation". Dan was diagnosed with testicular cancer in April last year, and had surgery and chemotherapy and was in April 2013 given the all clear. (He's also ripping it up in the SEABL just one year after being diagnosed!)

The charity has been in the works for a while and aims to provide awareness and emotional counselling for young people (20-45) post treatment of critical illnesses.

The foundation has in the last few weeks been given the official stamp of approval from the ATO and is now a legal and registered charity. Right now, Colonial First State are giving people the chance to nominate their preferred charity to receive $5000. This would be a fantastic kickstarter for a worthy foundation, and if you have a few minutes to spare it would be great if you could visit the link below and search for "Still I Rise Foundation" under the list of nominated charities.

http://colonialfirststate.com.au/charity/

Anybody who would like more information on the Still I Rise Foundation can email me at [email protected] and I would be happy to provide you with a brief one page document that outlines the aims and purpose of the FOundation.

Thank you in advance!

Topic #31840 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great Cause. Dan is an inspiration to all.

Reply #421552 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Thanks Beth for the heads up on this, many good charities listed, I Still Rise worth a vote...

Reply #421612 | Report this post

bethdavis10  
Years ago

Quick update - big thanks to anyone who nominated "Still I Rise" in the Colonial First State "Charity Boost". The Foundation has received a $2000 donation as one of three runners up. Awesome news!

Reply #424498 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:01 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754