celtic green
Years ago

I enjoy annoying others with spoilers in thread titles

Who is everyone tipping to win the finals? I think Miami in 6

Topic #31842 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I also think Heat in 6 or 7, Spurs will be tough but Heat should get there imo.

Reply #421579 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Spurs in 5.
Parker will be a nightmare for the Heat, and I think Leonard will provide good D on Lebron. Plus who guards Duncan/Splitter?

Reply #421584 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

How hurt are Bosh and Wade? They sucked it up to put in the full effort for game 7 to get the Heat across the line but can they do it for a whole 'nother series?

You have a smarter coach in Gregg Popovich who will figure out better ways to exploit Miami's weak frontline than Vogel did. On top of that he's had a whole week to plot and scheme and rest his vets.

Kawhi Leonard on Lebron
and
Danny Green on Wade

are interesting matchups. Leonard doesn't have the size that George did but he's twice as smart on the defensive end and won't have to worry about carrying the offensive load like George.

And I think Danny Green can easily smother a hobbling Wade.

But then again the Spurs could just as likely go and laydown like they did after game 2 against OKC last year...

The key to the series is just keeping Wade and Bosh irrelevant. Lebron is too good to stop. Keep Wade and Bosh playing from the perimeter and you're in it.

Reply #421589 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

If i'm Miami, i'd put LeBron or Parker.

Spurs in 6, gotta have faith.

Reply #421590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Change thread title, spoiler!

Reply #421592 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

This will be a big test for Spoelstra. He lost the finals to a great coach in Carlisle, beat a pushover coach in Scott Brooks, and now is facing a great coach again.

Reply #421593 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Spurs in 6

Reply #421595 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Dammit, you're going to jinx it

Reply #421596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For me one of Duncan (or Splitter) would have to average 25ppg, 12 rpg in the series for them to be a major difference maker, a bit like i thought of Hibbert in the Pacers series, was a big guy, who the Heat couldnt really stop, but wasnt dominant enough to win the Series. I personally dont see it this season.

If they dont then the Heats overall production will offset them being small, i subscribe to the theory of speed and skill beats size, its just when you have a dominant big with high skills then you have touble, Duncan a few years back when MVP level would have been that, but i dont think he is quite there now, I dont think there is any big like that currently in the NBA.

So not too fussed about the size factor, as long as James and Wade play well, Bosh has atleast an average season and they play good team defense i think the Heat will just get over the line, i see it being a very close season.

Heat have played small ball for 3 years, made 3 gf series so its hardly a deal breaker for them most of the time. The series they lost wasnt due to them being too small, Dirk had a killer series, but it wasnt his size that was the issue and the Heat were still adjusting to there new line up.

To me James, Wade, Bosh is better than Parker, Leonard, Duncan and the rest fairly well break even so im backing the Heat!

Reply #421597 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

celtic green you have NFI creating a thread with the result in the title the day of a major game. Seriously, get a clue.

Reply #421598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

spurs will be stale after a week or so rest. Heat have the momentum going in. Heat in 5.

Reply #421600 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

If you put James on Parker, who guards Leonard? Chalmers? Pop will love that, just bring in Manu as the offensive set up man and Parker plays off the ball.

Pop will teach Spoelstra how to coach I think.

Reply #421602 | Report this post

psycho  
Years ago

The longer the series better chance for heat. I say heat in 7

Reply #421604 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Chalmers should do fine on Parker. I reckon Lebron can conserve some energy by guarding Leonard/green who are good players but a lot more passive. Whoever is guarding Parker will be dealing with constant screens all game

Reply #421606 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

What kind of delusional half-witted moron goes onto a basketball forum when they have a vested interest in not knowing the outcome of a game that is 100% guaranteed to be discussed in said forum.

Albert Einstein: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Reply #421610 | Report this post

daneo  
Years ago

Have they both not played for australia already ruling themselves in-eligible?

Reply #421618 | Report this post

daneo  
Years ago

wrong convo

Reply #421620 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

Apologies guys; working shift work at the moment so my head is not on straight

Reply #421646 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Chalmers will not do fine on Parker at all.

If you put James on Parker, who guards Leonard? Chalmers? Pop will love that, just bring in Manu as the offensive set up man and Parker plays off the ball.

Get Dwayne Wade or a Battier type to defend Leonard. The key to winning playoffs games, particularly finals, is the success of star players because roleplayers have a tendency to be lost in the added pressure. If you take away Parker, the Spurs are in big big trouble. I do believe the Spurs are stronger than last year because Leonard, Splitter, Green are much improved and we have Diaw as well, however those players, along with Ginobili must play the series of their lives in order to beat Miami.

If i'm Miami, I deal with the star first. Parker might get past LeBron with speed, but LeBron can easily recover to block any shot. Yes, the Spurs have the best system in the league and guarding Parker full on will create holes for other Spurs players to fill, but Miami is not going to win the series trying to take out every player, the Spurs have too much depth for that. If Miami force the roleplayers to do all the scoring, they fair a much greater chance of beating SAS. I think Miami are favourites but i'd hate to bet against my team!

Reply #421653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why does everyone go heat cant stop parker, etc?

Who stops LeBron, the best player?

Leonard is a good player but he wont stop him any more than Chalmers will stop Parker.

Reply #421657 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I'm saying LeBron can stop Parker...

Reply #421667 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Yeah if you stop Parker in recent years, history has shown that the Spurs fall in a heap.

Reply #421683 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:24 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754