Anonymous
Years ago

Crocodiles sign PC and Holmes

http://www.crocodiles.com.au/article/id/1lu8wzjzbwa7t14likmjvtkehm

Topic #31852 | Report this topic

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Is it just me or is the ghost of Cameron Gliddon a little freaky in the picture?

Reply #421819 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Hard to say whether these signings are good or bad without knowing how much they are on.

Reply #421834 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Will be interesting to see whether Holmes is in Dennis' plans as a starter or not. PC will be even though he'd be better off the bench IMO. Although I couldn't disagree more, I'm guessing you'll see something like:

1. Markovic
2. PC
3. Blanchfield
4. Holmes
5. Will Hudson

6. Import 3/4 like Shane Edwards or Elvin Mims
7. Norton
8. Hinder
9. M. Cedar
10. Djeric

Reply #421835 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Mick that is not a very good team.Hope Makovic can create a shot because no one else can.

Reply #421836 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

You will realise just how good Ervin is several games into the season.... Hopefully Blanchfield can step up.

Are you sure there is no room left for Allen? ;)

Reply #421839 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Exactly anon.

That was my point ("I couldn't disagree more").

But that's how I see it playing out.

Reply #421840 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Imposter Mick:

Please forgive me for giving my opinion about my hometown basketball team's roster on a basketball opinions forum in a thread about roster moves.

I find it hilarious that some people on here don't actually understand the point of internet forums.

Reply #421842 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Probably a lakers fan

Reply #421843 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Now that Hudson has officially departed the Breakers is he a likely target for the Crocs?

In order for them to be competitive I think you'll have to see something like

1. Markovic
2. PC
3. Blanchfield
4. Hudson
5. Nevill

6. Cheap import 3/4 like Elvin Mims or Shane Edwards
7. Holmes
8. Norton
9. Hinder
10. Mirko

It's doable. You could have that roster and still be at least 100k under the cap, depending on what they signed Holmes and PC for.

Reply #421890 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

As absolutely mind-boggling as it is, I have word PC was being paid in the area of $200,000 last season. One would think that decreased in the new deal.

Reply #421895 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

How reliable is the word?

Most rumours I hear were around the 130k mark (still way overpaid). Smythe thought he was one of the best players in the game got walked all over during negotiations.

200k or close to it would be the highest salary in the league...

PC is worth around 80k in the current market, IMO.

Reply #421899 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Correct Mick

Reply #421926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why bother with Hinder.....seriously.

Reply #421927 | Report this post

Vladimir Putin  
Years ago

Could be true about PC earning $200 +. Slamming Sam was the highest paid player in the league when came to the crocs. Only PC knows what he is getting paid. But my question is, where are the new crocs getting all this money from ? They are well short of their target. And no licence yet ? Another Melbourne team might get in 1st.

Reply #421931 | Report this post

Ingles 13  
Years ago

Crocs will struggle

Reply #421933 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Mick, this person is pretty in the loop. Was the same person who told me the two Crocs imports we're fired preseason for something other than poor performance. But I'm not going to say it here. The person is pretty credible.

Reply #421936 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

There is no way he could have been on that much.

And there is no evidence that the Crocs imports were fired for anything other than poor performance.

No disrespect but I'm calling hot air on this one.

Reply #421938 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Mick, you have even said that you're only a member if the Townsville public with no connection to the club. In regards to the imports, it was a breach of the club's/the league's code of conduct. If true, it was swept under the rug the same way anything controversial is dealt with at the Crocs. I too find 200k hard to fathom, but that's what I was told. Olympian money I guess.

Reply #421973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mick, You are fighting a losing battle on the imports! Stat is spot on!
Don't embarrass yourself by arguing!

Reply #421980 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I'm not arguing mate.

I'm just saying that until things are confirmed by sources and not just alleged by anonymous posters on the internet they can't be anything more than rumours. There's nothing wrong with a bit of healthy skepticism.

I have a hard time believing PC was on 200k. That would make him rival Johnny Flynn's salary. The imports thing is feasible though.

Reply #422027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Imports were not sacked for anything other than poor performance, unless your name is Corey Williams. Although one did have an odd medical condition which I'm sure helped the Crocs out of their contract with him.

PC was not on $200K, more like $130-$150K for the last couple of years at the Crocs - although his agent did have a couple of extra deals sorted for him outside of Crocs - Car and column with local paper, for being an Olympian... Only PC would know how much that was, Crocs wouldnt have been privy to that.

Reply #422049 | Report this post

boss  
Years ago

crocs should be throwing money at nevill.
very handy player in this league with his size, skill and NBA prospects and for some reason really likes playing in the NBL so is open to most offers....really hope he stays in the league like watching him play

Reply #422211 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:29 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754