Mystro
Years ago

Saints release Andrew Warren

Head Coach of the Wellington Saints Pero Cameron has released Andrew Warren from his contract with the Saints and replaced him with former Breaker Rick Rickett.
Warren was playing well but other Saints have gone down with injury so Rickert should add some rebounding presence.

Topic #31858 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would be a good 2nd import for the sixers

Reply #421877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yea Warren would be good to fill the cheap sg/sf spot.

Reply #421880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No thanks would prefer a SG that can shoot.

Reply #421909 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Was he at Cairns?

Reply #421944 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, two seasons ago. Shot horribly.

Reply #421951 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

He was ok. Went missing in playoffs..

Reply #421989 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

We used to run him off downpick after downpick and he was okay. Not the fastest guy in the half court (didn't get too much separation) or full-court (fast break) but he was pretty crafty. Used his jumper a lot. As the season went on though, he penetrated more. Was always a mid-long range guy though. Don't forget, that was his first year as a pro, so you'd think he'd be a better player second time around.

Sizeable guard height-wise and body-wise. Has a nice high release on the jumpshot as well--really pretty. No post game whatsoever. So unlucky getting axed by the Saints, I know he's be paid out, but still.

Reply #421992 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Of course he went missing in the playoffs, Cairns weren't in them!

Reply #421998 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Has a nice high release on the jumpshot as well--really pretty."

Oh well then we better sign him.

Couldn't give a stuff how pretty his shot looked, he shot horribly and that is all that matters.

Reply #422007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

34% from 3pt line is bad???

Reply #422008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No its not, that's better than 50% from the field.

33% 3pt = 50% fg in true shooting

Reply #422011 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

#007, you're obviously having a bad day. Go to bed and sleep it off, champ.

Reply #422012 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SS,

You've been caught out making stuff up so I won't be taking any advice from the likes of you, bud.

Anon above,

You forget to mention Warren shot 39% from the field (to go with 34% on 3's) in his year with Cairns. As I said before he shot horribly.

Reply #422022 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

He has played well this season for Wellington but as I said with other players getting injured and their other Import playing very well and they also have Corey Webster,it was a decision that had to be made.

Reply #422033 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Is the anon sitiveni? It'd make sense.

Tell me though, what stuff have I been caught out making up?

Reply #422041 | Report this post

boss  
Years ago

rickert as a local (belive he's naturalised as kiwi) would be a very good pick up for most teams. NBA experience

Reply #422213 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Rickert isnt naturalised, but maybe he is thinking of getting on that track again?

Reply #422217 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:51 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754