Mystro
Years ago

Breakers confirm 3 signings

Vickerman has confirmed 3 signings.

18yo Rueban TeRangi (DP last season)
26yo Jeremiah Truman (former Breakers DP)
28yo Darnell Lazare (Kings Import PF last season)

Breakers 2013/14

- / C. Webster
D. Corletto/ CJ. Bruton
T. Abercrombie/ R. TeRangi
M. Vukona/ D. Lazare
A. Pledger/ J Truman

Only spot left is the starting PG spot which has been offered to Cedric Jackson again.

Not a bad looking team again.
Thoughts on the Lazare for Hudson Import change and the addition of Truman to the Champs?

Topic #31859 | Report this topic

Cats82  
Years ago

Solid team! Prob favourites for a four peat i think. Cats a goin very slow in regards to recruit may be there just waiting to see how the other teams are gona shape up.

Reply #421854 | Report this post

Cats82  
Years ago

Solid team! Prob favourites for a four peat i think. Cats a goin very slow in regards to recruit may be there just waiting to see how the other teams are gona shape up.

Reply #421856 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Still have a heap of chemistry between players and Truman will be familiar with players/systems etc.

Reply #421857 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Truman has the potential to fill that Boucher role pretty well.

Lazare is a question mark. With a year in the league under his belt maybe he will find some consistency and take his game to the next level. Maybe they will miss Hudson's steadier contributions.

Either way you can't go past the champs as favourites going into next season if they can bring back Cedric.

Where is Hudson likely to end up now?

Reply #421861 | Report this post

pyscho  
Years ago

If that last roster spot goes to Jackson they deserve to start as favourites next season

Reply #421862 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Not as good as last season but still very solid

Reply #421866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What are peoples thoughts of the Lazare signing.

To me its a potential upgrade with Lazares added offensive skill and still a decent rebounder and inside defender,

I did like Hudson, hopefully he finds a team, could be very useful to a team like the Crocs or Taipans imo.

Reply #421868 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Hudson would be good at Tigers, especially if they get Worthington.

Reply #421871 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Can Hudson play C full time or is he better suited to the four while playing spot minutes at the five like in NZ?

I think that will be a big predicator on where he ends up.

Reply #421874 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Truman is a good signing for the Breakers, I would have liked to keep him as back up C.

Breakers definitely got to be going in as favorites.

Reply #421875 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Expect T.Webster to be resigned as a development player. College Ball ain't happening. He has been shooting air balls on the SAT Exam.

Reply #421881 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Anon, source?

It wouldn't be suprising. Those SAT tests are some crazy weird questions for Aus and NZ students not growing up in their system.

Dont think he will be back though..could see him going to a prep school like Adams did.

I, along with manu others, want to see him at Nebraska. He has NBA potential no doubt

Reply #421886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could go to a juco?

Reply #421889 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Source: tai jack webster twitter account. google it
He posted "I sat the test so many times the lady knows me on a first name basis". He has sat it 5-6 times . Hopefully he can pass the last exam for 2013 in June and head to Nebraska.

Reply #421897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He really wants to be at Breakers anyway.

Mick, Hudson has played centre almost every minute of his two seasons in NBL, so is pretty comfortable there.

Reply #421924 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Actually, looked into it a bit more and huskie fans are worried that he wont come. Supposedly recruits have to be there training ready to go 7th june which is only two days away.

He isn't even close to been ready to go.

Dont think he really wants to go now..if he does i could see him come straight back after a year just like Corey did.

Reply #421949 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:23 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754