Anonymous
Years ago

Andrew Bogut- AFL tv spots vs Boomers

Look, I get that the guy is on holidays but seriously- couldn't Andrew spend at least one or two of his days with the Boomers (if he ever intends in playing for Australia) while they are in Perth. Yes he is injured and can't play, but surely the interest that surrounds him would be of benefit to Australian basketball????

Topic #31876 | Report this topic

YouknowME  
Years ago

maybe for the new zealand series. after watching last night I dont think he wants to lend too much credibility to the current team.

Reply #422272 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The team has Cadee in it... not really a true Boomers team! Bogut doesnt owe anything at this point, so no after his long run into the playoffs let the man have some down time.

Reply #422290 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

He wasn't invited. For real.

Reply #422300 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

I am sure he will be interested in the qualifiers.. I just think he read "Jason Cadee? Daniel Johnson? Luke Nevill... Ha No thanks"

Reply #422302 | Report this post

Bowtie  
Years ago

Get real.
You don't send, to Andrew Bogut in Melbourne, an invitation to a game (or a training session) in Perth, unless it is accompanied by a business class air ticket and top accommodation and a limo.
And that is the minimum. I honestly think that is not unreasonable. Funds are limited, save them for the Oceania series?

Reply #422304 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Lets be honest, this team isnt the true boomers so why would it overly concern him?

The emphasis should be in keeping him interested in the Boomers A team and trying to hope hes healthy and keen enough for the tournaments that mean something.

As for the people who say hes un australian now because he hasnt played boomers for a while... what about Nate Jawai?

Reply #422320 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's the knockers that make these players not want to come play.. Too much hassle to many whingers

Reply #422332 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #422350 | Report this post

The Key  
Years ago

I watched an ESPN Aussies Abroad episode the other night featuring Andrew. I got the impression he would rather be playing for Croatia than the green and gold judging by the look of his pool room.

Reply #422352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The episode was a waste of time. Bogut comes across as not so bright and boring.

Reply #422471 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:57 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754