YouknowME
Years ago

Nate Jawai and the Boomers?

I must ask.. Why has Nate Jawai not been involved with the Boomers for the past few years? He is one of our best talents yet has never played a serious tournament for Australia? (only a New Zealand qualifier from memory)

Topic #31878 | Report this topic

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Not currently playing for the Boomers because he's still playing for Regal FC.

2012 Olympics, he wasn't invited.

Reply #422329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hope he is available for Oceania series starting to wonder if he will ever play for us

Reply #422333 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

i asked big Nate one day what he thought of Brett Brown and he said,"he is a dick head".......so we may see him back in a boomers singlet one day.

Reply #422336 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Well it would take a dickhead to pick Aleks MAric over Nate Jawai

Reply #422337 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Which is what happened in 2012, hope he likes lemanis

Reply #422341 | Report this post

Pete Mac  
Years ago

I am a HUGE Nate fan but his heart hasn't been in it in the past for various reasons. He has matured and is as fit as he has ever been, let's hope he wants to become involved again. As one scribe on this forum did observe, hope his latest injury doesn't undo all the good fitness work he has done this season with Barca

Reply #422349 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Word from my Cairns insiders was that he didn't even come close to Boomers minimum fitness standards for 2012.

Reply #422429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heard from previous Boomers players that he wants automatic selection and won't go into the camps with out it. Past the selection process, in his eyes anyway.

Reply #422529 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

Sorry, "anonymous" above is me.
Will add.... that Brett Brown had some problems with established Boomers as well. Perhaps it helped him decide to move away from the position?

Reply #422530 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Pete Mac and Mick are on the money. Jawai hasn't been part of the Boomers program due to a poor attitude towards the program, poor fitness standards, and an unwillingness to commit to the program. Completely the opposite of Aron Baynes, who has been part of almost everything the Boomers have done post the 2008 Beijing Olympics, and look how well things have worked out for him. Hopefully Nate has matured a bit over the past year, being with a big club like Barcelona should have helped. And if he has serious aspirations about getting back to the NBA, now would be the best time to recommit fully to the Boomers program, and spend his off-seasons working with Luc Longley.

Reply #422531 | Report this post

daneo  
Years ago

Nate obviously had his issues with Brown and Visa versa lets all hope thats sorted now with brown gone.

@youknowme, Maric was a All-Euroleague First Team memeber not exactly a D!ckhead choice!

Reply #422539 | Report this post

daneo  
Years ago

Nate obviously had his issues with Brown and Visa versa lets all hope thats sorted now with brown gone.

@youknowme, Maric was a All-Euroleague First Team memeber not exactly a D!ckhead choice!

Reply #422540 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:29 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754