Deimos 15
Years ago

Boomers China Game 3

According to fox, both games are live starting at 9pm. Is this a ligit start time for a game? Bit late I would have thought, unless its not really live.

Topic #31891 | Report this topic

YouknowME  
Years ago

Its in China

Reply #422605 | Report this post

psycho  
Years ago

China time same as Perth I think? So must be 7pm local tip off

Reply #422610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone have a correct tv schedule? I've seen many...

Reply #422614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On Fox Sports 8.30pm in Adelaide, 9pm on east coast.

Reply #422633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

7pm in perth

Reply #422640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

9pm in Adelaide isn't it?

Reply #422659 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Guys, just a tip, go to one of the many online TV guides. It's actually a lot quicker than asking people on this forum.

Reply #422675 | Report this post

daneo  
Years ago

Jianlian Yi is reportedly playing tonight.
China by 5

Reply #422726 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

Daneo where did you hear that?

if thats true, it will make it a lot more interesting.

Reply #422739 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Would be surprised if he didnt play at home, I imagine that could be part of his contract?

Reply #422740 | Report this post

daneo  
Years ago

Basketball Australia Website.. game is apparently 9.30 AEST on Fox Sports 2

Reply #422744 | Report this post

daneo  
Years ago

China are a different proposition on home soil, with new Head Coach Panagiotis Giannakis likely to unleash former NBA player and star of the country's 2012 London Olympic campaign - Jianlian Yi.

The centre was rested for the Australian leg of the Sino-Australia Challenge, with the free-scoring former Milwaukee, New Jersey, Washington and Dallas player likely to form an intimidating front court alongside veteran and Game One hero Zhizhi Wang.

Reply #422745 | Report this post

Deimos 15  
Years ago

All good, thanks guys. I had the online fox guide set to Perth, and knew we were on the same time zone as China. Just that the guide had the time wrong, set at 9pm for Perth, and lasting 150mins, which they have now corrected to 7:30 and 120mins on Fox 2, and 7pm on Fox 1 for friday.
Cheers.

Reply #422750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is this on nbl tv.?

Reply #422800 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Yep. If Yi plays it will give the locals a boost as he will need probably to be doubled often leaving some of the others more open. In the games I have seen when he has played against the Boomers that was the case. Expect some home cooking from the local refs as well. China (and Giannakis) would be under a lot of pressure after such belting in game 2.
I really hope Yi does play as I am looking forward to a sterner test of our "D" which was sensational in game 2. Will be interesting to see how Petrie and Bairstow handle him or he reacts to the almost inevitable Wagstaff dog acts. Thought Wagstaff had some potential a few years ago but he has just turned into a grub with little to offer.

Reply #422803 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

"Packed out" apparently according to the commentators- stadium looks empty! Pre-game coverage consisted of national anthem for a bit then screen with stats with national anthem in background and then straight into china's first offensive play, so missed the jump ball! Poor!

Reply #422811 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

I'm no hater, but why do aussies have chinese characters on their jerseys and the chinese have standard lettering?

Reply #422812 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Logical when you think about it. Chinese probably know what their players names are as do I with the Boomers.

Reply #422814 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

China tried hard to pressure us in the first quarter, but our boys were up to the challenge. Nice to see Cadee take a hit with that steal and layup and then punch right back with some nice ball-handling and good penetration.

Iggy is really surprising me with his ball-handling. I had only thought of him as a shooter, but I guess at his height, he has been told to work on his handle so he can play the point? If so, it certainly looks like he has been putting in the hard work!

Goulding looking really good again. He really seems to have come a long way in the past year with his defence, ball-handling and agility.

Reply #422816 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Gouldings been good but its a worry that China is back into it

Reply #422821 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Is Yi playing?

Reply #422824 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

No

Reply #422825 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Thanks. On my phone, where (naturally) the NBL TV app doesn't work and (naturally) BA's coverage is terrible, not even live scores.

Reply #422827 | Report this post

Jacob  
Years ago

What was up with the refs in the final quarter, were they trying to give China more opportunities to win.

Reply #422829 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Worst refs ever!!!! ... China shot the ball well to make it a game, but a 5 second call with 50 seconds to go and then reversing a decision with 15 seconds to go.

Petrie, Wagstaff, Neville and Bairstow played well. Jason Cadee sucked.

Reply #422830 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

China is notorious for its home cooking in international matches. To be honest I thought it would be quite a bit worse than it was.
Decent win by the "Boomers" but hard to get excited about it.

Reply #422833 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Aus win 68-65. Good to see China make a game of it.
Lemanis happy to give Cadee and Bairstow big crunch time mins and neither disappointed.

Loving the way most of our guys are playing defence. They're not only playing good man D, they are covering for each other really well too, especially considering how little they've played together.

I'd say virtually the only exceptions on D are DJ and Steindl, who both have some work to do.

Neville has really played brilliantly since the first game. The way he is playing right now I could see him starting at centre when we play NZ. Not only is he defending the paint very well and showing good touch round the basket, he has also shown a nice set shot from about 18'.

Reply #422834 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Did we win? Can't say for sure judging by those last two posts.

Reply #422835 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Yes! A win!

Reply #422836 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

Agree Beantown, Neville and Goulding have been the consistent stand outs this series. Gibson, Petrie & Gliddon also solid.
Goulding really does show glimpses of great talent and creatvity, most similar to a Rudy Fernandez type of player with his ability to create his own shot or for others.

Reply #422840 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Cant really say a whole heap about Gibson... hes been, errr ok I guess... I feel like his play has dropped a lot since he left the gold coast. Best play of his would have to be the late game assist to petrie when he was being double teamed...

Petrie has been good, Gliddon has been a surprise (but didnt have his best night tonight) Goulding looks like he could break the A team... Bairstows got a lot of competition but hes solid and is putting himself in the mix.

Johnson has been woeful.

Reply #422844 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

Wright maybe able to get more out of Gibson.
Is Adam still carrying a wrist injury?

Reply #422851 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Really good win from the Aussies in very trying circumstances, while trying new defensive sets and playing against 8 players!

Nevill was huge, big plays at both ends and his combination with Petrie was superb. Wagstaff and Bairstow hustled hard too and we again won the frontcourt.

We also looked good whenever Goulding was involved, I like the poor man's Fernandez comparison, and have been impressed with his coolness handling the ball.

Gliddon and Gibson were very solid. We again saw Gibbo's ballhandling weakness but also saw how much he improved as a floor general last year in Adelaide.

Disappointing the guys went conservative as the game wore on, we are so much better when aggressive defensively. It looked like a combo of fatigue and bewilderment by the reffing, which was hilarious.

As if calling the game differently at both ends for the whole game wasnt enough, I loved the delayed, oh hang on a second, someone from The Party is watching, let's change that out of bounds call 30 seconds after that fact! To be honest, I was surprised they called it that way to start with!

I thought the guys played through the reffing pretty well, but did lose their cool late in the game. You cant afford to do that internationally, where you can get some baffling reffing decisions at times. Looking forward to G4, I hope Yi plays to give the guys a really good test.

Reply #422852 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

having chinese writing on the jerseys doesn't help with name recognition here in australia. i still have no idea who most of the "boomers" are.

Reply #422899 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

not a wagstaff fan really. Wagstaff reminds me of what happens in social basketball when a footy player trys his hand at basketball. The hustle is great, the intent is great, the defense is usually fairly good... but shooting, ball handling, basketball fundamentals are crap. Cant knock his hustle but I almost have an aneurysm every time i see him try to dribble.

Reply #422903 | Report this post

Kr  
Years ago

Youknowme I had never thought of that comparison but based on what I've seen in this series, sounds about spot on haha.

Reply #422904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty sure the Chinese writing on Australia jerseys is not player names.. it would most likely be promoting Perth/Australia to Chinese travellers.
Considering the team was chosen 2 days before game 1, I would doubt Peak (not based in Perth) would be able to supply a full set of uniforms with player name and the FIBA numbers from #4-15 in time for the Friday Perth game.

Reply #422906 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Anon is right about Peak, and the Chinese lettering above the number on the back promoting Perth (I'm not sure about what is under the number) but in reality, they should be able to put the players names on there too, even if the team manager does it. I remember going to a Phoenix Suns game back in the year 2000 - 13 years ago - and being able to get any name put on the back of an authentic jersey, on the spot, in the team shop at the arena, while you wait. Surely it's not that hard.

Reply #422918 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:13 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754