ShutUp!!
Years ago

South and North split games at Marion

North women won 95/72. Erin had a triple-double, 22, 11 & 10 (10th assist occuring with 4 seconds left to play). Piwanski had 22 & 10, Dhu 16, Keane 15 . For South Carberry had 19, Kelson 18 & Braithwaite 14 & 12. Not sure if Dougie gives women ABL approval but for South Marina Wood (Moffa) fouled out in 8:53.
In the Men south won 94/85 after trailing 31/18 at quarter time. No player scored 20 points in the game, best were Scanlon 19, Lockyer 17, Thur 12, Frost 12, Kosmider & Pilkington 10 for South, Zorich & Hambour 18, Hawkes 17, Mckay 15, Burdon 11. Blight & Pilkington had 13 rebounds each & Kosmider 8 assists. Zorich & Hambour had 13 rebounds each & Zorich had 7 assists.
For tomorrow Hawkes played almost 45 minutes, Hambour almost 41, Zorich almsot 40, McKay 37 & Burdon 35. Kent didn't play and neither did Bronson Kies, whereas for South Kosmider played the most minutes with 35. Be interesting to see which team back up better for the Double Header.

Any other results through

Topic #3190 | Report this topic

what the  
Years ago

look out for the snappy crocodile song

it's number 1 in europe and heading our way

snap snap snappy!

Reply #36842 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

No Kent or Kies? Were they hurt or was it a DNP-CD?

Reply #36845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

kies has quit weeks ago to play football in sanfl

Reply #36846 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

kent missing due to illness was missed by the rockets.

Reply #36848 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

what are others opinion on the umpiring during the mens game. I thought it was absolutely terrible and on a number of occassions the umpires had no idea what to do. It was equally bad for both sides although South got the better of it down the stretch when it counted.

Reply #36849 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It wasnt as bad as the womens reffing.There was some atrocious calls made/not made throughout that game.

Reply #36854 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

48 HSA for Erin's triple double. Astonishly, doesn't quite make the top 10 women's performance of the season list (1 HSA short). I think I was 0/2 in tipping for these two games. The top 5 womens teams have been really competitive this year.

South men beating North is a bit of a surprise, though Marion has been a bit of a fortress for them this season.

Reply #36858 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will be interesting to see how norths old boys hold up after major min last night.

Reply #36860 | Report this post

refs were bit unfair

Reply #36903 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

I didn't think the umpiring was that bad. It was a pretty physical game where with only two refs a lot of calls would naturally be missed and under the conditions I think the umps did alright.

What call did raise an eyeball was the fact the game had a jumpball! After neither ref could determine who last touched the ball as it went out of bounds they determined that using the possesion arrow to give the ball to North wasn't the correct decision, but rather a jumpball can be used in a case of this nature. Is this in the rulebook refs?

Reply #36905 | Report this post

Freddy  
Years ago

As far as im aware in that situation the decision goes back to the possesion arrow. I may be infact wrong, considering the referee for the game was Andy Filmer you would think we would know for sure. But at the end of the day, north kept the possesion arrow and the jump ball took place, still seems fair to me.

Reply #36914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if neither ref can determine who touched the ball last it is a jump ball. if the possession arrow was going north's way it would then be deemed to be north's possession.

doesn't seem to hard does it

Reply #36920 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

Thats one reason I don't like the possession arrow as it seems if the refs are unsure they tend to guess instead of using the arrow.

Reply #36922 | Report this post

Years ago

A couple of times during the game th umpires didnt know what to do and just looked at each other. The guys yelling down the end near the canteen had the right idea and telling the umpires to get control of the game back.

Reply #36979 | Report this post

annoymous  
Years ago

In the womens game there was 2 unsportsman like and 2 technical fouls

Reply #37029 | Report this post

Freddy  
Years ago

No unsportsmanlike fouls were called in the womens game at all

Reply #37077 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:43 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754