Statsheet Stuffer
Years ago

Heat @ Spurs game 4

Half time score: 49 - 49 in favour of the Heat.

I think the Spurs just have hit on some tougher shots and Miami are playing their normal game--high intensity on both ends.

Wade has actually shown up today; and let's face it, we all knew James would.

What does the second half have in store?

Topic #31907 | Report this topic

The Situation  
Years ago

"49 - 49 in favour of the Heat"

Interesting assessment :-)

Reply #423066 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Lebron goes 7/11 for 15.

Wade goes 6/11 for 14.

And the game is tied(and it's not like the role players haven't done nothing..Ray 3/4, Bosh 3/8, Haslem 1/1)

Spurs didn't play their best that quarter.

This is a worry for the Heat. Only way they win this is if they get more stops and really crank up the D even more.

Reply #423067 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Spurs didn't play their best that half** (Except for a few mins at the end)

Reply #423070 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Both teams are playing well. And the Spurs didn't play their best because Miami did crank up the D. I agree though, Miami need to turn the heat up even more, so to speak. Parker's P&R game is just incredibly effective. I have no idea, Bosh is meant to be one of the world's best P&R defenders and he can't do anything. With SA's shooters spreading the floor so wide and the passing ability of not just Parker but all the Spurs, how the heck do you stop it?

Also, Chalmers is a little s***. Keep him off.

Reply #423072 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Bosh is feeling good on the mid range coming out of the half, expect a lot more.

Reply #423074 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

The Spurs didn't get much from Duncan until the end of the second half so they are doing well to be tied at the break.

The Heat have got a lot out of their two stars and they thrive on having momentum and input from those two.

Any analysis at this point could go either way. I'm just hoping it stays close.

Reply #423075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OP, I think Spurs will win 97 - 97

;)

Reply #423076 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Green's game sliders are on about 90 I reckon. This is ridiculous.

Reply #423077 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Three amigos, James, Bosh and Wade, throw in Allen as the recruit, when these guys fire they are unstoppable...

Reply #423080 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Wade and Bosh finally decide to step up. Heat control the glass.

Heat in the driver's seat for the series now.

Laughable how many people called the series over after game 3.

Tony Parker hasn't really played that well this postseason. His percentages have not been great and his numbers are down across the board.

The Heat can't really expect to win another game this series without all three of the big guns stepping up, so it will all depend on whether they can repeat tonight's performance in terms of effort.

Reply #423081 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Mick, the wave of confidence the Heat will ride into Miami for game 5 will be too much, this is the series winner right here IMO!

Reply #423082 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Pop will adjust, he always does. This is going to 7 games.

Reply #423083 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Bear, is that the same wave of confidence that the Heat should have been riding after spanking the Spurs in game 2? That didn't work out so well for them.

Reply #423084 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

I think Miami has it from here. Wade went from juggerNAUGHT to legit juggernaut in one game. All shooters have peaks and lulls but especially Wade, he's so streaky. I would say he's found the stroke just at the right time.

It's turned to an absolute degustation, a viewing pleasure. That was a really good game to watch today and I think it'll only get better.

Reply #423085 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

'Tony Parker hasn't really played that well this postseason. His percentages have not been great and his numbers are down across the board.'

This, kids, is why we don't just rely on boxscores to ascertain information...

Reply #423086 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

I also disagree, Mick. Parker has been more or less on point this series, so to speak (again).

Reply #423087 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

And the whole playoffs

Reply #423088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bear,

The next game is in San Antonio (2-3-2)

Reply #423089 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Also I think Spoelstra leaving the big guys on 'til the and of the game was sending a but of a message. And Lebron responded With some good play in garbage time. I think Miami are locked in mentally now. Of course I can't say fit sure, but it's just a hunch.

Reply #423090 | Report this post

philly  
Years ago

Heat will likely lose the next game. They only win when they have to and we have seen it throughout the playoffs this year and last year. They can be a bit lazy mentally but when they are under pressure they step up. This will go to 7 then flip a coin.

Reply #423091 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

"Heat in the driver's seat for the series now"

Not really. It's pretty even. Won't be until after the next game that a team will be in the driver's seat.

If Miami win the next one then they will be in driver's seat heading home to close it out.

But if Spurs win next game, they get two chances (Game 6 and Game 7) at beating the Heat. (Allbeit @ Miami, though they are a veteran team they can win there)

Reply #423093 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

The point I was making about Parker is that it's strange to see him shooting the ball at the clip he has been these playoffs. He normally shoots ridiculous percentages for a PG.

It will be interesting to see whether Pop keeps packing the paint and daring Lebron to shoot after he made all those shots outside the paint today.

Reply #423098 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Yeah, my bad, maybe I am one game too early...!? :]

Agree, Spurs win next one it is in the balance, obviously if Miami can double up then it's going to be hard as hell, but if any team is capable of away wins, these two are.

Hold onto your seats folks!

Reply #423100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All set up for a classic game 7; close win to the Spurs, blow out Heat, blow out Spurs, close win to the heat, blow out Spurs, blow out Heat, close game?

Reply #423101 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

The Heat take back home court advantage, if they win next game they basically lock it up. If the spurs win next game they still have to win on the road.

Reply #423102 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

D Wade played really well at the start of the 4th quarter to close out that game. Where has that been all playoffs?

Reply #423111 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Well done, Ingles! You said something normal that contributed to the thread!

As much as I love Wade, he is a nutcase. I really think having to play second fiddle plus all the injuries he's had really messed with his head.

Reply #423114 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I just feel privileged that I got to see D Wade roll out one of those performances again. Amazing. You suspect the Heat may need at least one more from him to get this.

Reply #423118 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

He certainly knows how to put on a show. Those two dunks of his are probably both top ten in-game dunks ever.

Reply #423121 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:56 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754