?
Years ago

Southern V's Centrals

In the women's game Southern defeated the Lions by 20 odd. This was one of the Lions best games of the season with Canadian Larkin Lamarche showing her worth with a very productive game. But in the end the Tigers had too many horses.

In the men's game the tables were turned with the Lions Men taking the win by 28 points 119 to 91. Reggie had a triple double with 12 points, 10 boards and 11 assists. Jye Watson had 45 points @ 55% and Justin Wilkey pitched in with 20 points @ 50 %. For the Tigers Brad Gerlach had 19 points and Josh Wood had 16 points. Josh hit some nice 3's early to keep the Tiger in the game but could not keep it going. Jye Watson on the other hand had 25 @ half time and was taken out of the game for most of the last quarter.

The Tigers crowd was thin, lots of empty chairs and only about 10 of the Blue Army made the trip down South. Overall an entertaining game if you're a Lions fan with the big 3 all on song.

Topic #3191 | Report this topic

The truth  
Years ago

Sorry I missed the game .... Good to see the lions are back on track for the finals .... Surely jye outscoreing gerlach in both games they have played this season should put him ahead of gerlach for the development postition . Reggie is incredable great player to watch play just dose everything so easly ..... Lions season is back on track for the finals but dose anyone give them a chance agaisnt Sturt at home .. they would have to be a chance after only losing by 9 at pasadena and we really should have won that game . Should be a great game today

Reply #36847 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

centrals over sturt in a word - no

Reply #36851 | Report this post

bootleg  
Years ago

Centrals have hit some form of late but saying that there back on track for the finals, not just yet. They need get some more wins before you can say that. As for them having a chance of beating strut, I think they have a very good chance I mean they are hitting some form. They have had to blow out wins in a row and last time these teams met it was only some stupid decisions in the last quarter that leat them down. It should be a great match up.

Reply #36855 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Probally was jumping the gun with saying they are getting back on track for the finals ... there still is a long way to go before we can talk finals .. How ever they are make some big steps towards getting back in the finals race ....

To say that centrals have no chance is alittle unfair i think people will find it will be alot closer then most expect...

Reply #36856 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sturt are playing with Gower, Bauer and James-Martin. And away from home. They're going to need the continued efforts of bench-players like Mark Bauer (two good games in a row) and so on to make it competitive I think.

Great TD from Reggie (in only 32 minutes!), adding 4 blocks. If the Sixers go down the trials-route, hopefully Jye goes along for the opportunity.

His 45, by the way, pushes his season average back above 30 PPG.

Reply #36857 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Issac do you mean playing without gower, Bauer and James Martain ....

If so that could make the game quite intresting

Reply #36859 | Report this post

bootleg  
Years ago

I agree with you on that one truth they are making some big steps and hitting some form it will get very interesting towards the end of the season to see who is in the race for a finals spot.

Reply #36909 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sturt are getting exceptional mileage out of their bench these last few games, but today was very close and they'll want to get Gower (at least) back before they face a Woodville or Forestville.

Reply #36924 | Report this post

The Accountant  
Years ago

in this game chris made a big deposit on sum ones head it was cool and jye made a lot of deposits he dident bounce 2 meny cheques that night

Reply #37083 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:47 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754