Isaac
Years ago

Sabres vs Flames, the return bouts

I was at my first AFL game last night and missed the Sturt vs Norwood match-up.

Sabres won by 10 in the women and 20 in the men.

First up, Monique Bowley led Sturt with 22 and 15 while Brigid had 17 and 7 and Hannah 14 and 14. The other Sabre in double-figures was Sara Chapple with 13 and 7. Looks like Angela Marino didn't play.

Norwood got 14 from Melissa Marsh and 10 and 9 (plus 5 steals) from Rachel Keller, but seemed to be one more solid scorer short in the game.

In the men's game, Darren Ng had a game-high 29 points, adding 5 boards, 7 assists and 5 steals for 57.5 HSA. Mark Bauer was again a reliable surprise, failing to miss a shot for 16 points in 21 minutes. Marcus Hakendorf had 16, David Shepherd 15 and 7 assists, while Finkemeyer again produced in the starting role with 14 and 10. Oscar Forman turned in his poorest game for the season, but still made it an 11 and 10 double double.

Again, Sturt played with starters Todd Gower and Paul Bauer, and also without early-sub Tom James-Martin.

Sabres had 6 players in double figures, including Darren's almost-30. By comparison, the Flames had 4, but all sub-20. Keith Krause had 18, Bell 17, Januszke with 14 and Foster had an even 10. Webber's 1-10 and Lomman's 2-10 would not have helped Norwood's chances.

Second straight loss for the Flames. Seventh straight win for Sturt who would have to go up against Centrals today as underdogs.

Topic #3192 | Report this topic

The truth  
Years ago

Shit i would love to have a bad game where i get 11 and 10 oscar really just domenating this league lets hope he can have a big breakout NBL season

Reply #36861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marino was away at a New Zearland camp for the Commonwealth games.

Reply #36867 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Isaac, I can't believe it was your first AFL game. Get along and see a real team. Port v Bulldogs this week, Hawthorn the next. Walk up, get a ticket, and see the reigning premiers do their thang.

PS. Can't believe you'd support the Cows, when Dean Brogan is strutting his stuff for the champs. Tsk tsk.

Reply #37087 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Liam has offered me a ticket to the Power in the past, but I couldn't make it. Yes, I am a Crows supporter as far as AFL goes.

PS, you spelt "chumps" wrong. ;)

Reply #37091 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:44 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754