Benno
Years ago

Dellavedova doing very well!!

Via NBA hangtime blog : "St. Mary's point guard Matthew Dellavedova is making an under-the-radar move. Though hardly one of the big names, the Australian has enhanced his chances for the second round and assured at the very least that he will get a chunk of guaranteed money for summer league and training camp as an undrafted free agent if it comes to that. Point guards who can run pick-and-roll always have value to the NBA, and Dellavedova can do it with precision. Good showings at group workouts hosted by the Nets and Timberwolves boosted his stock."

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/06/15/in-defense-of-shabazz-muhammad/

Recently had his 2nd work out with the Timberwolves!! In an interview while working out for the Jazz delly said he has 5 more workouts to come!

Interview here: http://www.nba.com/jazz/video/2013/06/15/dellavedovaworkoutmp4-2509902

Topic #31924 | Report this topic

Ricey  
Years ago

The fact he's getting so many looks from teams would have to be a good sign he's a possible lock for the second round, and if he's consistent throughout each workout then it's possible a team will take him in the first

Reply #423318 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

Ive heard at every workout. I think Brooklyn, Houston, phoenix, nets, timberwolves and im sure there was another workout he has done, all the reports were he was a clear standout in the groups especially when there was 3on3 and 5on5 play. a lot of scouts have been giving him so much praise, the feeling is several clubs want him on their roster be it drafted in the 2nd rnd or he will be offered a deal after summer leagues.

I hope he keeps kicking butt and achieves his goals, he is a great kid

Reply #423319 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

Sitiveni, I believe in addition to the clubs you mentioned, Delly has had workouts with the Nuggets and the Jazz.will the Spurs host their pre draft work outs after they win the Finals?

Reply #423329 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

@sitiveni been to cleveland as well!

Reply #423331 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly to spurs?

Reply #423334 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

didn't hear about him going to the Cavs but I thought it might have been Denver, wasn't sure. I know some mock drafts have him going to Spurs but I haven't heard anything from the Spurs interest in Delly. it was either Houston or phoenix that are suppose to be very keen on him, once again cant remember which team.

Either way when this process started there wasn't a whole bunch of interest with him, but his performances against so called better opponents have opened the eyes and attitudes to a lot of teams which is great.

Reply #423337 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

He said in the interview with the jazz reporters that he had attended a camp in cleveland.

Reply #423340 | Report this post

Budgie  
Years ago

A point guard that is 'team first'. Would be a fresh look for all the scouts. good luck Delly

Reply #423404 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Not sure where they are picking, but Indiana would be a great fit. Delly is already better than their backup PG.

Reply #423435 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

There is no doubt that with his game, in particular his proficiency in the pick and roll, his best NBA fit is the Spurs by far. Couple the P&R aspect with his chemistry with Baynes whom the Spurs have invested a lot in, his relationship with Brett Brown, and his already advanced understanding of a lot of the Spurs systems, he is San Antonio all over. Unfortunately though they are stacked at the guard positions, though they could possibly lose a couple this off-season (Ginobili possible retirement, Neal to free-agency), so if not drafted beforehand, I can't see Delly slipping past the Spurs at 58, even if they stash him in Europe for a couple of years.

Reply #423444 | Report this post

The Cheese  
Years ago

Dellavedova is a beast. Can't believe people were writing him off in these forums not long ago saying that he will never make NBA - probably the same people who are quick to write off Patty Mills.

Reply #423445 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Agree his pick and roll play will be best suited in SA. I want to see him run his own club elsewhere for a few years first though, I think he will be better for the experience.

The rate at which Delly improves though he'll prob prove us all wrong and be in a rotation next year! Great kid.

Reply #423458 | Report this post

knick  
Years ago

Guarantee he will be a knick. Why? Cause his mum told me! haha

Reply #423854 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

Scott Howard Cooper has Delly to the Pacer at 53rd pick

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/features/scott_howard_cooper/06/20/2013-nba-draft-third-mock-draft-howard-cooper/

Reply #424209 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Thanks for the post and link, LanceUppercut, makes for interesting reading...

I see him as better value than a couple rated above him and can't help but wonder how high he would go if he were born in L.A...?

Reply #424213 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:52 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754