Freddy
Years ago

NBA Finals Game 6 - Spurs @ Heat

So I thought I would get the ball rolling on todays big game.

Sportsbet Odds

Spurs paying $3.35
Heat paying $1.35

My thoughts are - Lebron to drop 40+ to protect his legacy, however Wade and Bosh to go missing, and the Spurs to win by 9 with Green taking the MVP.

Everyone else??

Topic #31943 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm just hanging out to hear how Sitiveni enjoys watching the game with Obama, DRose all his other high end mates at the Whitehouse.

Reply #423767 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Dropping 40+ in a loss won't help LeBron's 'legacy'. Rather his legacy will be that he's lost in the finals three times out of four tries. His new legacy will be as a great player who cannot perform at his best on the games biggest stage.

Reply #423768 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Considering that he average's more ppg than anyone even Jordan in close out games, says to me that he plays well in the biggest games. It's the inconsistency in these finals and the Dallas series that will hurt his legacy.

Reply #423769 | Report this post

Freddy  
Years ago

Vart,

If he drops 40, 10 and 10, wouldnt that be playing at close to his personal best?

Reply #423770 | Report this post

Freddy  
Years ago

Oh ok, agreed Vart :)

Reply #423771 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

Sorry Vart that was me^.I forget to type my name instead of replying to you.

Reply #423772 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

If he doesn't get it this year and the trend continues, he'll be like a Wilt Chamberlain: unstoppable force who didn't manage to win that many titles. After this season it's only going to get harder for the heat. Wade is going to go into rapid decline.

I know it's an away game but San Antonio is paying very well...

Reply #423773 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I would be nice if the series played out to all 7 games. The Heat will be hard to beat and so a Spurs win in game 6 would be special.

Heat hold all the aces going into this game.

Reply #423775 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

A lot of us were writing the Spurs off after Game 4 with the return of 'Flash'. I think Miami will win today (the Big 3 are back playing well) and surely Green cannot continue to hit 3's at his current clip. I think Parker will tear his hammy - I hope he doesn't but anytime a guy is carrying a tweak into such a big game it is a matter of time before it goes at theat intensity - as he mentioned he'd be out for 10 days if this was dring the season.

As someone mentioned on this site if it goes to game 7 and you have the best player in the world on your team at home I think the Heat will blow them out.

If the Spurs are to win they need ot do it this game.

Reply #423776 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Green can't continue to hit three's at current clip? He's done it for five straight games, not sure why it would be any different. The Heat's 'Big 3' are playing better, but still not to their full capacity. LeBron needs to take over the game, take full control, for the Heat to win. The Spurs 'Big 3' is playing well too, but in reality, their 3 is not even Duncan, Parker and Ginobili anymore. In reality they now have a 'Big 4', consisting of Parker, Duncan, Green and Leonard. On top of them, they've been able to get someone else stepping up in various games, Neal in the big game 3 win, Ginobili in game 5. I think the Spurs have to many weapons for the Heat to counter, and they know how important it is to avoid a game 7 on the road situation. Their historic 14-2 record in potential close out playoff games is also super impressive should not be ignored.

Reply #423778 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Of course the other main stat to consider is the Heat being 6-0 these playoffs coming off a loss. Averaging winning margin in those wins is 20+!!!!

Reply #423779 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spurs to come out really fired up because they don't want to play a game 7. Miami to clamp down on Green (finally) but this will open up other opportunities. LeBron to show patches of what he's capable of but Spurs keep him contained (Boris Diaw troubled him in game 5!). Spurs win narrowly because they are more disciplined and have the best coach in the game and Miami often play like they expect to win rather than they are desperate to. Chalmers, Bosh and Wade (at the moment) are too unreliable and I think Ginobili has one more great game in him, and Leonard and Green are both playing really well consistently.

PS I'm a Spurs fan, so make of that what you will. Have tried to give an honest assessment though.

Reply #423786 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Prediction - Popp to give best interview ever.

Reply #423787 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Vart, I dare say wilt chamberlain would hold that record over LeFlop.

And what situation said haha

Reply #423789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Timmy D winding back the clock!!!

Playing like a man possessed... Perhaps another ring will be his retirement party?

Reply #423794 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Duncan's mannerisms are pretty weird. Kinda looks like he's only half there; a sandwich short of a picnic type thing.

Reply #423797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Duncan: Looks dopey. Not dopey.

Reply #423798 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Commentators are right in that the refs are servicing the Spurs, has been that way for most of the series.

Reply #423799 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

No Statesheet.
Heat just let the calls get to them.

Reply #423800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So you mean the LeWhinge and D.Wahwah are complaining about calls.... neeeever!!

Reply #423801 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

No MACDUB, have a read of what I said.

I didn't say that the refs are giving the Spurs more calls, did I?

Still, I think SA are getting the benefit of the doubt.

Reply #423802 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Lebron James Heat are fighting back, they should be able to finish this game off now.

Reply #423804 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Anon-in game momentum has proven to be ridiculously important, especially late in games. You would think that the trend of the series says a Mimai win. In game momentum is massive, game to game momentum is non-existent, so anyone who says Miami should win the series from here is an idiot. Clean slate in every sense of the word if Miami win tonight.

Reply #423805 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Terrible call on the box. Especially because it's Finals. The smaller guy always gets an advantage, absolute crap. Big guys should be rewarded in that situation.

Reply #423806 | Report this post

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

Game 7 is happening. You can see it.

Reply #423807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GO SPURS! FINISH THEM.

Reply #423808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Miami can't even buy a championship.

Reply #423810 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Shitting me right? Heat have had every rubbish call go their way all playoffs and now that the refs haven't been raping the Spurs with soft calls the heat are struggling, any surprise? Surely not

Reply #423811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

free throws cost the Spurs.

Reply #423812 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

Ray Allen unbelievable Clutch three!

Reply #423813 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

R.Allen

Reply #423814 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

OMG

Reply #423817 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Tim 'Fundamental' Duncan (not Lebron) travelled!! The play where Leoanrd got the putback

Reply #423818 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

And Ray with the 2 clutch free throws with 1.9 sec on OT. What a beast!

Reply #423820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why did parker come off with 1:19 to go??

Two turnovers to Ginobilli after that.

Reply #423821 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

2 bullshit no calls..that last block was a HUGE foul and should have been called, absolute bullshit.
Owell time to watch Miami lose next game

Reply #423822 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ray Ray is still clutch as ever

Reply #423823 | Report this post

heat is on  
Years ago

Anyone know what time the replay for this game comes on to FOX tonight?

Thanks

Reply #423824 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Leonard missing that free throw may haunt him forever. Spurs should never have lost this one!

I'm scared for Spurs now...

Reply #423825 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

No doubt that play on Manu was a foul.

Even that 3 point attempt by Bosh had a lot of lower body contact.

Wouldn't expect those calls to be made at that stage of the game though.

Simply put, the Spurs gave the game away.

I feel like they have given away the championship. It's heartbreaking.

Reply #423826 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even considering those two no calls in the final minute, San Antonio still should have won that game. I know its always easy to blame the refs in tense matches like that one but the Spurs missed crucial free throws, Bosh should have been fouled before getting the pass to Allen (Duncan was missed on that possession), Manu had 8 turnovers (2 in clutch time) and Parker shot less than 30% from the field for the match.

As a neautral supporter it's fair to say that there were probably two fouls missed in crunch time but it's the NBA finals and those calls tend to be let go. I just think there's more to the loss than just the referees.

Reply #423827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Refs..... Amazing

Reply #423828 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Ray Allen is clutch. I thought calls in the last 5 minutes and overtime evened out. I thought there were a few no calls against Lebron. Manu should have gone to the line after a foul from Allen but his turnovers were a killer for the Spurs.

Spurs really should have closed it out in regulation IMO.

Miami will win game 7 now. Duncan cannot perform as well in the first half again and Parker except for the last quarter missed a heap of shots. Manu is still struglling.

Skud are you talking about the Bosh block on Parker? If so looked like a legit block to me.

Reply #423829 | Report this post

Orbit, it's actually the Heat that should never have given the Spurs a sniff, not the Spurs that have it away. Miami were in complete control if Tony Parker misses that top of the key stepback three over Lebron at the end of the shot clock and Miami get the rebound. And if was Miami that made crucial turnovers that wouldn't normally happen.

In clutch time in any game, Ginobili is hard-pressed getting that call when driving to the bucket; in NBA finals clutch time (which is 3000 times more clutch than the average game), he will never get that call. There were a lot of defensive hands on the ball. And don't forget, hand is counted as ball.

The refs missed calls both ways, so I wouldn't complain if I were either team. Can't believe they missed Tim Duncan's travel.

Reply #423830 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

That's one of the best games i've seen

Reply #423831 | Report this post

D@B  
Years ago

devastated

Reply #423832 | Report this post

Gaskell  
Years ago

From an objective standpoint I think the Spurs over the course of the game were getting the benefit of dodgy calls. On a side note, Tony Parker is a brilliant actor/flopper. Can he do a layup without doing a 360 barrel spin and landing on the ground.

Reply #423833 | Report this post

Anyone who thinks they know the winner of game 7 is plain and simply kidding themselves. There is no such thing as game to game momentum in this series. All in-game momentum is lost come tipoff the next game, surely we would've realised that by now.

Reply #423834 | Report this post

The Cheese  
Years ago

Don't be one of those people that blames the refs. Calls go both ways and your perception makes you see the bad calls for your team. Heat were the better team.

Reply #423835 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Donaghy's shadow looms.... Better be consistent in game 7 or the league will lose this little fan for good.

Reply #423836 | Report this post

Ray Allen's shot reminded me so much of Ron Dorsey's OT three to save our season against the Breakers in game 2 of the Finals a couple years ago. Absolute magic. That's why the game is so great.

Reply #423837 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Last time the finals went to a game 7, the refs destroyed the celtics in the 4th quarter. Let's not forget that

Reply #423838 | Report this post

Jimbob  
Years ago

Amazing game and series really, spurs should of won really but in saying that the heat shouldn't of let them come back after that run in the last. Lebron is amazing his last quarter was some of the best bball I've Eva seen, when he attacks the ring like that he's so hard to stop!
My tip heat to win but not overly confident, just want it to be close.

Reply #423839 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Miami super lucky to get that one. I think they'll take game 7 now. SAS will regret this for the rest of their lives if they can't take game 7.

Some people are saying that if Ginobili didn't try to oversell that call he might have got it, which i kinda agree with. It actually was a foul, but the refs probably saw his act and decided not to call because they thought it was all a flop, instead of a flop exaggerating real contact.

Reply #423842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

one of the best games i've seen!

Reply #423925 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Years ago

And just a side note, Ray Allen travels to step back and hit the 3 with 5 seconds to go. You cant take 2 steps without a dribble. Takes possession, steps back with his right foot, then brings the left together "tweet, tweet, travel!!"

Reply #423939 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Not sure what game who are referring to Sebastian but pretty sure you can take 2 steps without a dribble and it's not a travel in the game of basketball. If you want to see a travel have a look at Manu's drive before the alleged foul on Ray Allen in OT.

Reply #423952 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Years ago

Rat 10 you might want to learn the rules before speaking next time.

Establishing a pivot foot for a player who catches a live ball on the playing court:

While moving:
▬ If one foot is touching the floor, that foot becomes the pivot foot.

That would be Ray Allen's right foot on this play. His right foot is on the floor when he takes possession of the ball. Then he steps back with his left and then with his right.

Progressing with the ball for a player who has established a pivot foot while having the control of a live ball on the playing court:

While moving:
▬ To pass or shoot for a field goal, the player may jump off a pivot foot and land on one foot or both feet simultaneously. After that, one foot or both feet may be lifted from the floor but neither foot may be returned to the floor before the ball is released from the hand(s).

So in this play Allen's right foot is his pivot he may jump off it and land on his left as he did but he is not allowed to return his pivot (that would be his right foot in case you forgot) before releases the ball. He didnt step to a 2 foot simultaneous jump shot so that part of the rule doesnt apply.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44T6FYdLcLc

The clear vision is at the 54 second mark of the youtube clip.

Reply #423988 | Report this post

Robert Pack  
Years ago

Bosh came up massive. nice job pop taking timmy out on d in the last two plays of regulation letting Bosh get the offensive boards. top coach just cost them the championship.

Reply #423989 | Report this post

philly  
Years ago

Pop's lost the plot

Reply #423995 | Report this post

Jason  
Years ago

Ray Allen's step back three to tie the game was 100% travel

Reply #424584 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:22 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754