WildCats
Years ago

Panthers junior coaching director

Panthers have signed Steve Breheny as their Junior Coaching Director. BIG, POSITIVE MOVE IMO... Well done to the Panthers. With a new big, community complex to be built out there, their fairly central location they look like maybe turning things around.

Topic #31947 | Report this topic

Ashke  
Years ago

Best of luck to Steve and the Panthers, dont know anything about the panthers (Vic coach) but i sure do know Steve and that he has plenty to offer.

Reply #423889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wheres the new stadium to be built?

Reply #423958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whilst plans for a new stadium are being contemplated, NOTHING has been finalised or even progressed to the design stage. Simply wishful thinking.

Reply #423976 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A very impressive appointment and goes hand in hand with the Club picking up some quality coaches in the past year and a half.

The plans are up on the Marion Councils website and it looks great.

There is no doubt South are on the way up.

Reply #423983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah good job by the Panthers Board to get him in at this stage of their rebuild and it's good to see Breheney getting involved with juniors again.

They've definitely got the quantity at Pantherland, Breheney should be able to help bring the quality they need to improve. Hopefully he's in it for the long term

Reply #423985 | Report this post

Rock  
Years ago

Great to see Panthers on the move forward

Reply #423986 | Report this post

Rock  
Years ago

Great to see Panthers on the move forward

Reply #423987 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A super pickup - however I think the "interim" guy (at least on the boys side) did an outstanding job and they have really picked up. I saw their president a lot during state champs so they look like they are getting great buy-in from important positions.

Having said that, I remember seeing plans on the pinboard there for a new stadium there when I was in juniors, around the early 90s! I certainly wouldn't be holding my breath on that part...

Reply #423992 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's the key. it takes a good plan and hard work by key people.

Clubs that don't work hard only fail. No excuses, no secrets to it.

If you don't do it you fail your kids. Problem is those that do tend to come up with the same old excuses.

Reply #423994 | Report this post

+  
Years ago

he will bring an entourage / network.

will need at least 5 years to get south up and running.

stadium sounds all good

Reply #424134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great for the panthers. Great for Steve - he should learn a lot off Drew.

Please, please ,please get the new stadium - absolutely necessary and they not alone on that front. BA and BSA should be ashamed of themselves with the facilities we have to endure.

Reply #424136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you will find there are a number of 'options' for the proposed upgrade. Nothing will go ahead until funding is resolved. At least 6-8 years away before any stadium would be built.

Reply #424207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Drew?

Reply #424266 | Report this post

+  
Years ago

it is a pity we cant get new stadiums - creates employment, they are community focused venues and starplex like setups are multipurpose.

yet the government shells outs 15 mill a few years ago for a football grab=ndstand that will be pulled down soon - that was 30-90% full 20 times a yaer.

not that i was against the grandstand - but fair enough - you could get 3 new stadiums with 15m.

compare what they are spending other dough on.....

Reply #424272 | Report this post

+  
Years ago

sorry typo in the dark - grandstand

Reply #424273 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:59 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754