watchout
Years ago

millicent

I played in the 8/9 carnival on Friday at pasadena. I saw both girls and boys play over the two days and Millicent ripped it up. They hav really good players- both boys and girls. Its strange how little towns come up with good teams. Did anyone else see them play- do ppl agree? How many state players were in their teams?

Topic #3197 | Report this topic

watcher  
Years ago

they were ok - probably used to playing together a bit more as a tighter community

pity the refs could not give a #$%% - absoloute B grade reffing - half baked - surprized noone broke a bone

Reply #36921 | Report this post

aha  
Years ago

yeah refs were shocking- what happens if u made the top 2- when u go back and play is that the finals??? Are they going to hold the next series at Pasadena? Will juniors and seniors all play on the same day?

Any info will be appreciated. Ta

Reply #36923 | Report this post

watcher  
Years ago

justin organizes by far the best school carnival on the calendar

most teams are all district line ups

but the refs were just so half hearted - dragging their feet, looking down the stadium whilst game on, half baked calls - I know they have the knowledge - but felt they just let it all go

a real "yeah whot" attitude

they needed to lift their work / call rate up 100%

Reply #37020 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i have to disagree with you there 'watcher'. it isnt the best organised carnival 'on the calendar'. games on thursday were running up to an hour late. but i agree with you that the umpires were very poor. the best school comp would be the open ko finals

Reply #37031 | Report this post

mhmhmh  
Years ago

I think that the number 8 in the girls yr 9 team and the number 10 and 7 were in state a couple of years ago.
They were pretty good and ppl thought that they wouldnt be!
They won the yr 8 knockout comp last year for the small schools so they might come out this yr on top for the finals....

Reply #37044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

last year unley won the girls and cabra won the boys in year 8

Reply #37060 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Last year in the girls St Aloysius won year 8,9 and 10 and Cabra won the Open. Lets get the facts right!!

Reply #37086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

last year in KO unley won the year 8 girls and cabra won the year 8 boys 'anon'

Reply #37125 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

In the BASA Festival in 2004 at Wayville SAC Girls won year 8, 9 and 10 and Cabra won Open, clear now!!!!!

Reply #37514 | Report this post

morgan macdonald  
Years ago

millicent all the way

Reply #45553 | Report this post

paul smythe  
Years ago

i agree with morgs

Reply #45557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How good is the Millicent Open team because i know for a fact that we a re going to be playing you guys week 4 Thursday at Pasadena. What players do you have and if they are any good?

Reply #45797 | Report this post

kiki  
Years ago

excuse me last year millicent won the year 8 tournament.they played in the small school comp as they are a small school so they didnt come across any of the unley or cabra teams.they actually played off against bree farley and kelscy ireland and won.

Reply #47480 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:12 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754