YouknowME
Years ago

Boomers camp

apparently theres a Boomers camp today, but nothings been said in public about it? nothing about whos in or out or anything? anyone know any details?

Topic #31971 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

llll

Reply #424289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

World Uni Games team.

Reply #424290 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

I dont think so because the Boomers have the Stankovic cup next week.

Reply #424297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go to basketball.net.au they have named a 15 man squad including broekhoff,Ellis and bairstow they're going to stankovic cup as lead in to world uni games

Reply #424301 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

YouKnowme, I think the camp starts tomorrow (saturday) on the Gold Coast, is that right?

Reply #424307 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

I am not sure. All I know is it appears to be for the World Uni Games. Which frustrates me I think they are squandering a chance at helping the Boomers gel to do this. Either way, right up until mid july these commitments will be on. The bonus really is that Ryan Broekhoff will be playing (definite boomer) and guys like Blanchfield etc will get a chance to mimpress.

Reply #424311 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No Boomers camp just the World Uni Games squad camp as they're playing in the Stankovic Cup.

Reply #424313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like a similar stankovic team to last year with Cadee, Daniel Trist, Andronicus and Cody Ellis in the squad.

Reply #424315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hope the rest of the boomers get together prior to aust/nz series

Reply #424317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's interesting to see who puts their hand up to play in these series. I know a lot the college guys are home in their time off, but I would really like to see Hugh Greenwood, Anthony Drmic and even Jackson Alridge in this squad.

Also surprised to see Ryan Broekhoff in the squad as I thought he would have been trying his luck at pre-draft workouts along with Delly and Brock, but might not be trying his luck.

My take on the depth chart is:
PG - Cadee / Norton / Maynard
SG - Iggy / Blanchfield / Odigie
SF - Broekhoff / Steindl / Venky
PF - Ellis / Young / Trist
C - Bairstow / Andronicos / Dumovic

Will be tough for the last few spots but I would hesitate to guess Dumovic, Maynard and Trist just to miss out.

Reply #424318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maynard was the starter on the squad 2 years ago

Reply #424323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Broekhoff clearly the star. From an NBL point of view a few future NBL stars(not future boomers) in the team

Reply #424328 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

Some good youngsters i'll have a look if i can.

Reply #424330 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Broekhoff will be using his dutch passport to play in Europe.

We look a little small as we don't apear to have a true big centre

Reply #424349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maynard is better than Cadee

Reply #424352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

maynard > cadee .. Cadee isn't really that good

Reply #424366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

word is maynard withdrew from the camp today

Reply #424379 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Anyone know what the Boomers will be doing after this?

Reply #424440 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

It's hard to tell, as the Boomers calendar was drawn up prior to Lemanis being appointed. Things have clearly changed a little bit with him coming on board, as well as taking over the Uni Games team. The Boomers are scheduled to have a camp in Canberra at the end of July, then another one mid August just prior to the Oceania Champs. I would say that one will either be Gold Coast or Melbourne, but it's not confirmed yet.

Good career move by Broekhoff playing in this. With the Uni Games being in Russia, I'm sure all the European clubs will have scouts and representatives there. He should get a decent pro offer following this tournament.

Reply #424442 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Looks like he has given up on an NBA shot for now.

Reply #424459 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:27 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754