Anonymous
Years ago

Melton Big V Div 2 Men

Get on the Melton Div 2 Men Train TOOT TOOT!!

10 game winning streak and knocking off top team Pakenham by 14 with only 7 players on Saturday night.

From what I witnessed a few weeks ago, the team has the best execution of offense in the league I have seen in years. No superstars in the team, just a bunch of local guys playing for each other and the coach. Proves at this level an import (*cough Mornington *cough) is not required and a waste of money.

My call is Melton for the Div 2 Championship in a sweep!

Topic #31985 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

By a country mile.. Knocking off top team without Cam McCallum.
Give them the banner now and let D2 go on an early off season holiday!

Reply #424456 | Report this post

Sammy  
Years ago

Quick question-

What happened to Cam playing footy this year?
Did he play? Is he still playing ?

Imports aren't required at div2

Reply #424461 | Report this post

RR  
Years ago

Important to remember that Jay Ferriere didnt play

Reply #424476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey RR (Ryan Rogers)

From the looks of the box scores you got beat by half a team anyway.

I heard that Jeff Reid did his ACL in the game and Ferriere is doubtful to return before the playoffs. You will only need to drop 2 of your last 4 games to miss playoffs and with your current squad that is highly likely.

Oh yeah do you still have to pay out the majority of that $34K to your injured stars now?

Good Luck

Reply #424503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha Melton only brought 7 players with them! No McCallum, Clissold or Forbes and still whooped you all over your home court.

By the way, did you forget about the H2H tiebreaker? Looks like you put the bench in late instead of trying to keep it under 9.

Reply #424537 | Report this post

Sammy  
Years ago

From the way they carryon on, Melton Still haven't realized they only play division2 (three) BigV basketball obviously

Reply #424543 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gotta start somewhere. The way I see it Sammy, they won't be there for too much longer. They have now beaten every team in the division and by good margins too.

Reply #424549 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jay will be back this week or next

Reply #424589 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:12 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754